Software Development Engineer (Java/Linux/AWS) - Amazon Robotics - Westborough, MA..
Amazon Robotics is conveniently located at the Route 495/Route 9 intersection within the MetroWest region of Boston, MA. Candidates with or without previous robotics experience are invited to apply.
Working at Amazon Robotics
Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these and you'll fit right in here at Amazon Robotics. We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers' experiences. We invent new improvements every day. We are Amazon Robotics and we will give you the tools and support you need to invent with us in ways that are rewarding, fulfilling and fun.
As a Software Engineer, you will:
• Internalize our customer challenges and derive creative solutions which apply new and innovative technology.
• Design and build business critical, highly available software components in a distributed architecture, connecting multi-tenant cloud services, physical servers and hundreds of network connected PCs in the Fulfillment and Sortation Centers
• Design software with quality, robustness and Amazon sized scale as top priorities
• Lead the development of new components and cross-functional programs requiring the work of multiple engineers
• Prototype and test concepts or features, through simulation tools and emulators and also with robotic equipment
• Work directly with customers to test software prototypes and incorporate feedback
• Collaborate cross-functionally with Hardware Engineering, Deployment Engineering, and other SW teams for integration and configuration of hardware peripherals and devices that are part of the software solution
• Develop in Java with modern AWS technologies such as Lambda, DynamoDB, S3, SQS, SNS, Athena, internal Amazon development tools and more
• Apply SW best practices including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, agile development, build processes, and testing.
• Mentor, grow and develop other engineers on the team
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Experience with any AWS technologies, Web Services or other Web Technologies
• Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices
• Experience building and delivering user-focused software systems or features.
• Exposure to developing cloud software services and and designing for scalability, performance and reliability
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .