Working at Amazon Robotics
Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these and you'll fit right in here at Amazon Robotics. We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers' experiences in ways we can't even image yet. We invent new improvements every day. We are Amazon Robotics and we will give you the tools and support you need to invent with us in ways that are rewarding, fulfilling and fun.
Job Overview Amazon is seeking a talented and motivated Senior Electrical Engineer to work on system design, implementation and release to manufacturing. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in system design, analog and digital circuit design, possess good communication skills, and have the ability to manage a small team of Electrical Engineers and technicians. This candidate must have the ability to work well both independently and in team settings. This position reports directly to the Electrical Engineering Manager.
Some of the key job functions of the Senior Electrical Engineer include:
• Working with an interdisciplinary team to execute product designs from concept to production including design, prototyping, validation, testing and certification
• Leading a technical team on multiple projects in parallel
• Coordinate all activities within the engineering discipline for the project.
• Ensure coordination with other disciplines is effective for each project.
• Thorough understanding of technical principles and concepts in Electrical Engineering
• Commitment to rigorous testing & validation practices
• Writing and developing functional specifications, design verification plans and test procedures
• Architecting, designing and implementing complex embedded system, analog and digital circuit design and systems debugging
• Supporting product releases to manufacturing and customer deployments
• Execute tasks to aggressive schedules
• Establish development processes to meet industry standards for functionally safe control systems (IEC 61508).
• BS / MS Electrical Engineering (or similar field)
• 10 + years of experience in electrical, firmware and system level design
• Ability to manage a small team, perform recruiting, and develop/mentor people; continually raises the bar and leads by example.
• Expert in schematic entry, layout tools and design for manufacturability (familiarity with OrCAD Capture and Cadence Allegro tool flow is a plus)
• Experience designing complex schematics containing analog and digital electronics
• Experience with FPGAs, VHDL, microcontrollers, microprocessors and mixed-signal designs.
• Experience with serial communication interfaces (CAN, SPI, Ethernet, etc)
• Experience executing design reviews in front of interdisciplinary teams
• Familiar with PCB layout design and best practices
• Demonstrated strong ability to move seamlessly between levels of abstraction from system to the "nuts and bolts" implementation
• Extensive system design interfacing to a wide array of electro-mechanical subsystems and debugging experience
• Commitment to rigorous testing practices and design process flows
• Problem solver, "can do", "get any task done" attitude
• Strong organizational and planning skills
• Customer focused
• Desire to work in a fast-paced environment
• Demonstrated ability to develop deep understanding of the business and end user needs quickly, and can proficiently translate those needs into the right technology solution
• Ability to resolve complex issues in creative, efficient, and effective ways
• Able to provide the customer and company-wide perspective to detailed technical decisions
• Excellent written (white papers) and oral communication skills
• Ability to support domestic and international travel as required by the program
• Experience applying IEC 60204 and/or IEC 61508 machinery safety standards preferred.
• Experience designing, developing and certifying safety rated hardware systems is desirable.
• Experience troubleshooting and resolving EMI/EMC issues
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.