Amazon Retail Pop Up Manager (Store Manager) - McLean, VA
Kindle is the best-selling product in the history of Amazon.com, and the Amazon Devices organization is one of the most innovative and fastest growing businesses at Amazon with a diverse portfolio of products. This critical role will continue to build on that success by managing an Amazon Device tour and ecosystem experience at a local store(s).
The Amazon Devices team is seeking an experienced leader, who can bring Amazon's customer obsession to life in a retail environment and effectively manage a P&L through overall daily operations and management of our experience platforms.
- Attract and engage customers while exhibiting deep product knowledge and displaying product features, pricing and program offers.
- Hire and manage a team with accompanying responsibilities of allocating and directing work.
- Manage team's performance and provide regular feedback to support employees' growth
- Onboard new associates, train, and support career development of associates amongst many other key managerial responsibilities.
- Is an expert in interacting with customers. Can step into shoes of associates when needed to provide a smooth experience for the customer or to teach/coach/develop associates on selling tenants.
- Create an effective weekly labor schedule considering allocated labor hours, Amazon labor guidelines, applicable labor laws, promotional and holiday event hours, tasking requirements and sales volume requirements.
- Establish and carry out a POS training protocol for associates with a goal of 100% accuracy in money counts.
- Identify training needs and provide ongoing training in areas including demo and selling skills, product knowledge and store operations.
- Proactively identifies process improvements, determines root causes/road-blocks, and designs solutions, along with manager, to significantly improve operational excellence.
- Determine and drive best practices to deliver performance metrics.
- Develops relationships with internal corporate teams such as Product Management to convey store-level feedback and regularly advocates for the customer.
- Present the store's performance results to Store Opearations Leadership team at Weekly Business Reviews and Quarterly Business Reviews.
- Handle all administrative aspects of the sale including: opening and closing POS system, accepting customer payments, balance register and make cash deposits daily or schedule bank pick-up service, pulling products from inventory, and filing the completed orders.
- Audit store's procedures for inventory management with a goal of 100% accuracy of inventory counts.
- Contribute to continuous improvement of the customer experience and store operations by participating in the development of best practices and continuous product knowledge.
- Maintain merchandising standards while troubleshooting on-site, ensuring all products displayed are working properly and replacing any malfunctioning products as necessary.
- Responsible for the physical safety of the merchandise and the store.
- Be on your feet for up to 8 hours at a time.
- Push, pull, lift or carry items up to 40 pounds (with or without reasonable accommodation).
- 3+ years of retail store management experience and P&L experience.
- 3+ years of people management experience.
- Ability to work flexible hours including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Experience working independently with minimal supervision.
- Experience in assisting customers in person and on the phone, completing trainings, tracking and recording sales and traffic data, merchandising products and promotional materials, cleaning and maintaining presentation standards, keeping product demos functional and receiving inventory.
- Experience in recruiting, hiring and developing a talent pipeline to support future growth opportunities.
- Experience in communicating and presenting product features and teaching others to sell.
- Experience writing schedules to labor hours and managing a P&L.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 5+ years of people management experience.
- 8+ years of relevant work experience in retail sales, preferably consumer electronics or high-tech products.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related area.
- Experience with detail oriented work and communication.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Composed, poised and professional demeanor.
- Willingness to roll up one's sleeves to get the job done.
- Demonstrated success in problem solving and delivering results.
- Deep understanding of Amazon devices and the Amazon ecosystem.
- Passion for Amazon and commitment to delighting customers.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top