Amazon Payments Finance Manager
- Seattle, WA
At Amazon, we are working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you would like to help us build the place to find and buy anything online, this is your chance to make history.
Entering the business to business (B2B) market is one of Amazon's most exciting growth opportunities and since launching in 2015, The B2B Payments team is focused on building tailored payment products that enable AB's customers to enjoy a seamless purchasing experience. We are growing fast and require a talented finance professional to help us scale WW as we are launching a number of exciting new products and services.
B2B Payments Finance offers a rich learning experience and an opportunity to develop professionally. We are a young business that will challenge you to weigh in on decisions that have long-term strategic importance, and to produce insightful analytics that help us accelerate growth. You will work closely with business partners and get exposure to senior leaders while you become a subject matter expert. We are looking for an individual who can influence business partners to drive results and who welcomes the challenge of building structure while supporting high growth in a fledgling organization with senior management visibility. This role has a matrix report based in Bangalore and is ideal for someone looking to gain people responsibility/ grow their management experience.
The person in this role is responsible for long and short term financial planning, controllership, developing and reporting on weekly financial and operational performance metrics, and providing analytical support for the AB Payments SBCC team. This position will be a key risk/controllership gateway for the payments business and requires a candidate with strong communication and leadership skills. A portion of the time will be spent on ad hoc analysis to support the growing business' needs. The B2B Payments Finance team works closely with a number of other finance and business teams, so any candidate should be able to work well with cross functional teams. The ideal candidate must have superior attention to detail and the ability to successfully manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously. Strong analytical skills are required.
Ideal candidates will have the following strengths:
• Comfortable working independently in a fast-paced environment
• The ability to translate large amounts of data into useful information and actionable conclusions
• Strong written and oral communication skills combined with the ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workloads
• An understanding of finance issues in an operational environment of rapid growth
• The ability to work cross-functionally with product, operations, marketing and BI teams
• Solid business judgment and controllership focus
• Strong financial modelling skills, including good knowledge of SQL and excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
• Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, business or related field
• 7+ years of relevant work experience with progressively increasing levels of responsibility
• MBA/CFA/CFA Preferred
• Strong interpersonal skills including written and oral communication skills
• Excellent analytical skills, a passion for metrics and figures, and the ability to get into the details, while also seeing and understanding the big picture
• Exceptional business judgment capable of driving a diverse organization to the right results with a focused, pragmatic approach
• Strong bias for action, including the ability to juggle multiple priorities and meet deadlines
Back to top