Amazon Operations: Safety Specialist 2018 (University - Entry Level)
NATIONWIDE LEADERSHIP OPPORTUNITIES!
This role will start between January 2018 and September 2018
Are you looking to become a leader in a global operation that has hundreds of leaders and thousands of employees? Would you like the challenge of ensuring a safe work environment and maintaining excellence for the associates and managers within our fulfillment centers? If you want to be involved in continuing to define the future of online retail, and are dynamic and an organized self-starter, join our team in Amazon World Wide Safety as a Safety Specialist —opportunities nationwide!
Amazon is looking for college graduates with high potential, who are ready to own their impact in Amazon Safety. We promise you will have your leadership capacity stretched to its full potential. As a front-line leader, you will have an opportunity to truly invest in others and develop a people-focused leadership style, while mastering the tools, processes, and operations that have created the most customer-centric company on Earth.
As a Safety Specialist, you will have the opportunity to OWN YOUR IMPACT by influencing behavior and inspiring commitment of the part of all personnel in complying with Amazon safety standards and maintaining a safe work environment. The Safety Specialist provides technical support and tactical execution in the implementation of Amazon Global Environmental, Health and Safety programs within assigned fulfillment center. Come learn how the largest online retailer in the world runs and maintains safety of its fulfillment and delivery networks!
What is fulfillment you ask? Fulfillment is how we refer to completing or fulfilling a customer's Amazon.com order and the acts of picking, packing, shipping and delivering their order to meet or exceed their expectations!
- Willingness to work weekends, holidays, and/or overnight shifts
- Willingness to work overtime both in peak season and as needed
- Willingness to relocate nationwide at time of hire (position location is most heavily weighted on business need but will also take into account individual location preference)
- Authorized to work in the US without sponsorship
Locations and Placement
- The position will be located in a Fulfillment Center, Sort Center, Delivery Station, or other operations
- Locations are nationwide
- The position is not a corporate position based out of Seattle, WA
- Serve as designated safety representative of assigned fulfillment center (FC), coordinating and implementing all areas of the Amazon Global Safety Program as directed by Safety Manager of the regional node.
- Influence behavior and inspire commitment on the part of all personnel in complying with Amazon safety standards and maintaining a safe work environment.
- Conduct training and coach associates on observed work habits in support of this effort.
- Support management's efforts to ensure compliance with corporate Safety Program expectations and applicable federal and state law. Identify and inform management of compliance issues, safety risks and improvement opportunities through the conduct of daily, weekly and monthly audits.
- Conduct risk assessments related to jobs performed (Job Hazard Analysis) and new equipment introductions. Recommend appropriate risk mitigation measures to management, including ergonomic considerations, in all such efforts.
- Facilitate incident investigation process.
- Maintain accurate daily, weekly and monthly metrics reporting to onsite management teams and corporate based reporting systems.
- Maintain required paperwork to comply with Amazon standards.
- Provide (or facilitate access to) immediate aid for associates, visitors, vendors, or guests that need assistance, or medical attention.
- Enter Safety Incident Information in Metrics database in a timely manner.
- Perform Safety Observations & Audits.
- Train and assist others (Area Managers, Safety Team Members, etc.) to complete their Safety responsibilities (Audits, Follow Safety Rules, etc.).
- Perform Specific Safety Training as required by the Safety Manager.
Job Elements (to be performed with or without accommodation)
- Must be able to stand/walk for up to 10-12 hours
- Walking in the warehouse and around area with great frequency; facilities are over a quarter mile in length
- Able to access all areas of building (ascending and descending ladders, stairs, gangways safely and without limitation)
- Regular bending, lifting, stretching and reaching both below the waist and above the head
- Lift and move totes up to 49 pounds each
- A completed Bachelor's Degree will be required prior to starting in role
- Safety related Degree such as such as Occupational Health & Safety, Health & Safety Management, and Environmental Health & Safety, or a related field is a plus.
- Experience in leading teams or groups in military or professional settings.
- Passionate about safety. You have the ability to analyze accident data, new processes, and machinery for potential safety concerns and conduct job hazard and job safety analyses.
- Experienced with OSHA regulations (specifically 29 CFR 1910), and Worker's Compensation case management.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in matters involving security and/or personnel issues.
- Enjoy analytical work and using data to provide thought-provoking and workable solutions. Data is what you look to when given a problem to solve.
- Prioritize your customers and work as a team to deliver results.
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation www.amazonfulfillmentcareers.com
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top