Amazon Operations: Human Resources Assistant Intern - University Fulfillment 2018
NATIONWIDE LEADERSHIP OPPORTUNITIES!
This role is a 10 week internship starting in the summer of 2018.
Are you looking to become a leader in a global operation that has hundreds of leaders and thousands of employees? Would you like to promote and maintain positive employee relations for the associates and managers within our fulfillment centers? If you want to be involved in continuing to define the future of online retail, and are dynamic and an organized self-starter, join our team in Amazon Human Resources as a Human Resources Assistant Intern (HRA) —opportunities nationwide!
Amazon is looking for college students with high potential, who are ready to own their impact in Amazon HR. We promise you will have your leadership capacity stretched to its full potential. As a front-line leader, you will have an opportunity to truly invest in others and develop a people-focused leadership style, while mastering the tools, processes, and operations that have created the most customer-centric company on Earth.
As a HRA Intern, you will have the opportunity to OWN YOUR IMPACT by working in all areas of HR with some areas of focus including: benefits and compensation issues, leave of absences, performance management, wage/hour issues, and assisting with recruitment and retention activities. As an integral part of the HR team, the Human Resources Assistant Intern (HRA) will support the Sr. Human Resource Assistant, HR Business Partner and Manager at the one of Amazon's Fulfillment Centers. This position is a leadership pipeline to our Sr. HRA positions. Come learn how the largest online retailer in the world runs its fulfillment and delivery networks!
What is fulfillment you ask? Fulfillment is how we refer to completing or fulfilling a customer's Amazon.com order and the acts of picking, packing, shipping and delivering their order to meet or exceed their expectations!
- Working towards a bachelor's degree with a graduation date between December 2018-June 2019
- Willingness to work weekends, holidays, and/or overnight shifts
- Willingness to work overtime both in peak season and as needed
- Willingness to relocate nationwide for the summer with relocation assistance (position location is most heavily weighted on business need but will also take into account individual location preference)
- Authorized to work in the US without sponsorship
Program Quick Facts & Locations:
- The position will be located in a Fulfillment Center, Sort Center, Delivery Station, or other operations
- Term: 10 weeks during the summer of 2018
- Benefits: Competitive Salary, Relocation and Housing Assistance
- Opportunity: An offer for full time employment may be given after the internship
- Locations are nationwide
- The position is not a corporate position based out of Seattle, WA
- Drive Standard Work and Continuous Improvement through an intern project ·Recruiting and Selection: Manage on-site transfers, promotions, and hourly hiring from posting, selection, recruiting system management, and on-boarding
- Employee Relations: Promote positive employee relations through survey management, roundtable facilitation, employee recognition projects and systems
- Data Analytics: Produce and analyze reports to assist with labor planning and management. Utilize HRIS systems for data entry, modification, and reporting
- Compensation/Payroll: Ensure payroll accuracy through audits, reporting, and proactive measures.
- Compliance: Provide policy expertise to clients, manage site drug testing program, ensure pre and post-hire requirements are completed
- Performance Management: Assist client groups with weekly and yearly performance management systems and tools ensuring complete and timely delivery
Job Elements (to be performed with or without accommodation)
- Must be able to stand/walk for up to 10-12 hours
- Walking in the warehouse and around area with great frequency; facilities are over a quarter mile in length
- Able to access all areas of building (ascending and descending ladders, stairs, gangways safely and without limitation)
- Regular bending, lifting, stretching and reaching both below the waist and above the head
- Drive Standard Work and Continuous Improvement through an intern project
Currently working towards a bachelor's degree with a graduation date between December 2018 and June 2019
- Working towards a degree in HR, HR Management, Labor Relations, or a related field.
- Experienced with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access and Payroll Systems and/or HRIS.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality regarding payroll, benefits and employee issues as an employee in Human Resources.
- Organized and detail oriented. Accuracy is something you strive for.
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment and when given a deadline, you know how to motivate yourself and meet it.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. You don't hesitate in public speaking or writing a paper.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top