Amazon Logistics, Startup Procurement Manager
- Bellevue, WA
Are you interested playing a direct role in building the fastest growing last-mile delivery network in the world? Do you have a passion for developing leaders? The AMZL (Amazon Logistics) Procurement organization is looking for a Manager to lead our Startup Purchasing team. This team is responsible for the purchasing activity that supports launching new Delivery Stations.
Key Responsibilities Include:
• Manage team of diverse Program Managers who support all ordering for new delivery station launches.
• Develop leaders while focusing on launch execution and downstream customers.
• Work cross-functionally with internal stakeholders to understand the specific needs of capital projects.
• Engage with external suppliers on behalf of Amazon
• Place purchase orders
• Resolve invoice and payment discussions
• Resolve issues with shipment tracking and find alternate sourcing to preserve launch timelines.
• Participate in program level coordination meetings and communicate changes to field Operations stakeholders involved in launching new dentations.
• Compile pertinent metrics and publish to program milestones on a daily basis.
• Coordinate the needs of multiple launching capital projects simultaneously to ensure materials and supplier agreements are delivered with the right speed and quality.
• Act as the central hub for information regarding procurement for specific sites.
• Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain Management, Business, Engineering, IT, Economics, or related field
• 3+ years people management experience
• 4+ years of relevant strategic supply chain, sourcing, or purchasing experience; preferably to include 2+ years in an indirect procurement function.
• Demonstrated track record of project management (design through implementation.)
• Experience working with external suppliers
• Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel (Pivot Table, Vlookup, etc.) and Outlook.
• 5+ years people management experience
• MBA or Master's degree in Business, Engineering, Operations, or a related field• Experience using purchasing and inventory management tools (e.g. Coupa, ERP, EDI)
• Experience launching back of house / Ops sites, new stores, construction projects, etc.
• In-depth understanding of best-in-class procurement practices (category management, bench marking, should-cost models, RFx)
• PMP certification
• Proficiency in SQL
• Proficiency Tableau, Quicksight, or other data visualization tools.
• Experience with Project Management tools (e.g. MS Project, Asana, Smartsheets.)
• Strong oral and written communication skills, demonstrated ability to give performance feedback.
• Ability to analyze quantitatively and problem-solve efficiently
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top