Amazon Logistics Senior Program Manager, EU Network Development
- Munich, Germany
Amazon opened its virtual doors in 1995 and strives to be the world's most customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover anything they might want to buy online.
We are seeking an experienced Program Manager to support the EU Network Development. The successful candidate will be part of the team responsible for program managing strategic large scale cross functional launch and expansion projects and new project initiatives. These will include a conception and execution of a number of new sites across the EU. Programs will include partnering with real estate, engineering, IT and other stakeholders to help expand the network of Amazon Logistics nodes in the EU to facilitate the organization's growth plans, and other cross functional Supply Chain, Transportation, Engineering & Infrastructure initiatives. The work of this team will include facilitation of approval from functional leaders, project prioritization & scheduling and resource allocation efficiently and effectively. You will be a natural self-starter who is comfortable supporting large, complex cross functional projects. You will have a true hands-on approach, strong project management skills, and be an effective communicator. This position involves regular communication with senior management on status, risks and change control. In order to be successful in this position, you need to be comfortable interfacing and driving various functional teams and individuals at all levels of the organization. Keeping an open mind, drive and ambition will help you remain innovative in our culture. This will be an exciting opportunity for you if you possess a high level of autonomy and integrity while managing a variety of job responsibilities.
• Manage several competing priorities ensuring critical projects remain visible to all stakeholders whilst maintaining a plan for less urgent matters
• Dive deep into various work streams and not be afraid to learn about each stakeholders contribution, challenges
• Write and review business cases using information acquired from various stakeholders
• Prioritize projects with biggest impact on our business, propose and obtain approval from relevant functional leaders, and schedule resources
• Possesses a broad technical background and has the ability to "roll up their sleeves" and jump in if needed, along with managing
• Find practical and simple solutions to complex problems without sacrificing quality or core functionality
• Be comfortable in different roles, sometimes supporting, sometimes leading
• Take accountability while providing status, ask for help, and immediately escalate issues and problems as necessary
• Maintain the overall project schedule that enables the teams to be successful based upon the project milestones and Go-Live
• Interface with all necessary functions within the company
• Bachelor's degree
• Exceptional organization skills and ability to organize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
• Sound business judgment, proven ability to influence others, and strong analytical skills
• Experience leading and interacting with cross-functional teams
• Proficient with Microsoft Excel
• Fluent in written and spoken English
• Proven project management experience in a fast pace project environment within the Last Mile business or any other related logistics or retail industry.
• Experience in logistics buildings development and parcel sortation technology would be an advantage.
• German language is a plus
Back to top