Amazon Halo - Principal Product Manager, Technical
- Seattle, WA
The mission of Amazon's Halo team is to create products and services that empower customers, enterprises, and care providers to improve health. Our emerging technologies team, within Amazon's Device organization, is looking for passionate, hard-working, and talented individuals to join our fast paced, start-up environment to help invent the future of health. We have just launched our initial product and service offering and are excited to continue inventing on behalf of our customers.
As a Principal Product Manager, Technical, you will be the voice of the customer. You will define products that deliver innovation in features, usability and product performance. This role is inherently cross-functional - you will work closely with engineering, design, operations, finance, and executive teams to bring features and products to market, and grow business opportunities.
A successful candidate is highly analytical, able to work extremely effectively in a matrix organization, and adept at synthesizing a variety of technologies and capabilities into products and applications that customers love. We are looking for someone customer obsessed and technology savvy - with a passion for consumer devices and software.
• Lead the development of the product strategy and vision supported by internal and external analysis.
• Develop detailed business requirements and user stories that can be used to create product specifications and architecture for each product and application.
• Work closely with engineering teams and program management to deliver products. Manage prioritization and trade-offs among customer experience, performance and operational support load.
• Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners.
• Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair the team's ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals.
• Bachelor's degree or higher with a technical discipline.
• 7+ years of professional experience with 3+ years of consumer facing hardware product management experience in mass market consumer electronics.
• Experience shipping consumer electronics products that involve hardware and software.
• Experience leading cross-functional teams to deliver products and projects on tight deadlines.
• Experience coordinating product development cycles and software development schedules.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing senior executives.
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations and drive actions.
• High attention to detail including precise and effective customer communications and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
• MBA or Master's degree.
• Experience managing software products through multiple product life-cycles.
• Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage trade-offs, and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners.
• Ability to think strategically and execute methodically.
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired.
• History of teamwork and willingness to roll up one's sleeves to get the job done.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//
Back to top