Amazon Customer Service Communications Manager, Japan
- Seattle, WA
Launched on the web in 1995, Amazon has grown to become the world's leader in e-commerce, and in customer service. Getting its start as a bookseller, the company now offers everything from books to tennis rackets to e-books and diamond rings. The evolution of Amazon has been driven by a spirit of innovation that is part of the company's DNA.
Our vision is to be Earth's most customer-centric company; to build a place where customers can find and discover anything they want to buy online. Our global Customer Service (CS) team is at the heart of that mission, supporting Amazon's millions of customers on product questions, post-order inquiries, technical support, and customer account management. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. So if you thrive in a challenging, fast-paced, innovative and customer-orientated environment, Amazon is the place for you. We're making history and the great news is that we've only just begun.
This role is based in Meguro, Tokyo and will be responsible for the Japan customer service (CS) communications strategy and programs, which includes enabling CS leaders and operations teams to effectively communicate and for key information to cascade consistently and smoothly through the organization. These messages will clarify Amazon strategy to all levels of the organization, and will "connect the dots" for CS associates in terms of how their work contributes to the larger vision and strategy.
The position drives the consistent messaging of our unique Amazon culture and customer obsession to both internal customer service sites, and outsourced partner operations. This role ensures that all messaging reinforces our culture and that we have consistent, intentional themes threaded through our communications. The role identifies appropriate communications channels ("all hands" meetings, video messages, newsletters, blogs, internal social media tools, team meetings, etc.), translation, creates content and teaches others how to deliver that content. Activities also include driving Amazon associate engagement in public community activities and charity-oriented projects. This role is responsible for ensuring we have mechanisms in place for upward feedback, and a closed loop to act on that feedback. Success in the role includes performance on employee engagement scores, and ongoing improvement in employee pride.
Core Job Responsibilities:
1. Align Japanese Customer Service communication with Global Customer Service Communication.
2. Develop and execute highly innovative Japan internal communications strategies, messages and tactics to engage a dynamic employee base.
3. Proactively build and manage relationships with key internal stakeholders across a range of businesses and geographies.
4. Partner with, and provide strategic counsel to Japanese and operational leaders, particularly regarding decisions with potential impact on the business and reputation, and develop strategies to mitigate and manage.
5. Provide issues management and crisis communications support when required.
6. Provide expert internal communications counsel to diverse groups within the organization
7. Use internal communications tools including blogs, email, video, and social media tools to engage the Japan customer service workforce.
8. Track and report content effectiveness metrics to internal stakeholders, as well as continually monitor, analyze and tune messaging to maximize impact; and manage and support crisis communications, as needed.
9. Develop and manages internal communications (for example, intra- or cross-divisional messages, talking points, frequently asked questions (FAQs), associate-facing promotional materials, presentations, articles).
10. Develop communication plans for major change initiatives.
11. Develop and drive the execution of multiple business plans and campaigns for internal communications.
12. Identify and implement new and innovative communication ideas.
13. Train leadership teams on written, verbal, and visual communication strategies.
1. 6+ years of communications experience including internal communications-focused experience.
2.English and Japanese business-level language skills.
3. Experience in providing counsel to, and working with senior executives.
4. Experience in working with virtual teams.
5. Excellent track record of driving cultural change and influencing organizations through a communications plan.
6. Excellent writing skills are a must, with the ability to formulate a clear point of view on complicated issues, and create a concise and well-written narrative.
7. Ability to use quantitative and qualitative data to make decisions and recommendations.
8. Experience leading communications programs in a multinational business.
9. Experience leading social media employee engagement programs/campaigns.
10.Bachelor's degree in Communications or a related field (Journalism, Marketing Communication, Public Relations or related field and / or related work experience in the area of Communications and Change Management).
1. Excellent track record of driving cultural change and influencing organizations through a communications plan.
2. Experience developing creative, effective approaches to difficult communications challenges.
3. Ability to exercise high judgment, particularly in narrow time-frames.
4. Willing to roll up one's sleeves and get work done, even when it's outside the scope of the job.
5. Ability to pay painstaking attention to important details.
6. Communications experience in media, Internet, technology, distribution, operations, automotive, retail and/or airline industries is highly preferred.
7. Chinese Language skills.
[More Information]-Japanese only
Measures to eliminate unwanted second-hand smoking on each facility
https://www.amazon.jobs/en/landing_pages/passivesmoking (Japanese only)
Back to top