Amazon Business: Senior Business Analyst
- London, United Kingdom
Since 1994, Amazon has continuously expanded its product selection and innovated on behalf of customers in an on-going effort to fulfil its stated ambition of being earth's most customer-centric company. Today, Amazon's rapidly expanding consumer product range offers books, video games, consumer electronics, apparel, jewellery, grocery, as well as Amazon Kindle, Echo devices and many others.
Amazon is now reinventing on behalf of the business customer and focused on building Amazon Business (AB), the largest and most innovative Business-to-Business (B2B) marketplace in the world, and we are recruiting a handful of the best of the best to make this vision a reality. B2B represents an incredible opportunity to address a vast new market segment and customer base. We are focused on building solutions to enable B2B customers to discover, research, and buy products and services from a vast selection, across multiple devices, marketplaces and regions. Our B2B customers have different needs than the traditional Amazon customer and thus we have to reinvent everything from how we display our selection, price our products, and provide the right customer experience.
The AB EU Customer Operations (EUCO) is a dynamic European team that works across all functions of the AB organization generating strategic insights and enabling our Customer Advisors to invent on behalf of the customer. AB is seeking a Senior Business Analyst (SBA) to own the Customer Data Management (CDM) strategy for the EU AB team. The SBA will constantly improve coverage, completeness and accuracy of 1MM+ data records within AB's customer management platform (Salesforce) through their advanced analytical and modelling skills. Customer data underpins the ABEU go-to-market strategies and finding new ways to improve the quality of this data is critical as our business scales.
This is a high visibility and influential role; we are looking for candidates that can combine expertise in business planning, change management and cross-functional execution. The SBA will be required to align and influence a number of internal Amazon EU/Global teams to scale the EU CDM strategy across the worldwide AB team. Critically, this is a newly created and rapidly evolving role; the SBA must be comfortable thinking big shaping the future of SDM within ABEU.
The successful candidate will have experience in working within a business intelligence environment and looking for the opportunity to utilise these analytical and modelling skills in a more commercial position. This individual should be fluent in languages such as SQL and Python. Effective collaboration with internal stakeholders and cross-functional teams will be essential to solve problems, enable business performance for a rapidly expanding team and product offering, create operational efficiencies, and deliver successfully against high organizational standards. The ideal candidate has strong financial acumen, deep analytic background and critical thinking and problem solving skills to ensure the continued growth and success of the business.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Deliver against the AB EU Customer Operations goals and objectives to support the overarching organizational mission and strategy.
• Own the Customer Data Management (CDM) strategy for AB EU.
• Drive alignment across stakeholders across ABEU and Global teams behind the CDM strategy securing alignment and tracking against a set of global data quality measures.
• Develop analytical models to identify and remove defects from our customer data focused on driving continuous improvement against all quality measures.
• Management of $xxxK budget and suppliers to purchase data from external data sources to further enrich our understanding of our customers
• Identify new metrics from external data sources to help gain a deeper understanding of our customers to support segmentation and lead generation.
• Partner with the AB EU BI team to develop continuously-evolving forecast models and methodologies, owning the quantitative analysis of the performance of our sales team, customers, prospects, partners, markets, and products/services.
• Conduct ad hoc analysis and participate on projects as needed.
• University degree required (ideally within math, statistics, computer science, or related science field)
• Extensive experience working within a business intelligence function developing analytical and modelling skills to solve complex problems
• High level of competence working with query and program languages such as Python and SQL
• Experience working with senior management in large organizations
• Demonstrated ability to develop a solution and product roadmap.
• High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
• Proven experience in leadership roles across detail oriented functions, such as sales, marketing, and customer engagement.
• Proven experience finding creative ways to do more with less, and a track record of staying on schedule
• Exceptional and effective verbal and written communication skills
• Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills
• Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team, on multiple projects.
Back to top