Amazon Business Junior Development Engineer
Amazon is pleased to announce its Junior Developer program, offering students the opportunity to gain professional software development experience at a world-class company while completing their degree. At Amazon you will be working with new technologies that improve usability and deliver the cutting-edge frontier of performance and scalability. Amazon consistently pushes the forefront of innovation while keeping the needs of our customers firmly in sight.
This program allows students to obtain a paid part-time virtual/remote position with the Software Development Engineers at Amazon in Austin, TX while actively pursuing their coursework. Junior Developers will be paired up with an engineering Mentor in Austin and will coordinate with them on work assignments. There will be a 2 day (lodging paid) orientation in the Amazon Austin office prior to the start of the Semester. The remainder of the work will be completed remotely with Mentors visiting you at school to provide guidance. During summers there is an opportunity to work full time in the Amazon Austin office (lodging paid) alongside Mentors and other engineers. Upon graduation and successful completion of the program there may be an opportunity to work full time at Amazon as a Software Developer Engineer.
- Within 2 years or less of obtaining a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering at Texas A&M University or University of Texas, Austin.
- Able to work between 12 and 19 total hours per week. A minimum of 3 hours to be worked per shift and a minimum of 6 hours to be worked during M-F which overlap with your mentor's working hours. (Adjustments to be made for midterms, finals and pre-scheduled time off).
- Proficiency in developing software in at least one object oriented programming language such as Java, C#, C++, or Scala.
- Knowledge of developing service oriented architectures and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability.
- Familiarity with the Agile/Scrum software development process.
- Ability to communicate clearly with users, both technical and non-technical, to describe development troubleshooting approaches.
- Eagerness to learn and adopt engineering best practices.
- You must be obsessed with addressing customer needs.
- Your short term career plan is to work in an engineering role upon graduation with a Bachelor's degree.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top