Amazon Business CS Business Intelligence Engineer
We hire the world's brightest minds, offering them an environment in which they can relentlessly identify and drive solutions to improve our Customer's experience on Amazon.com. We do this every day by solving complex business and technical problems with ingenuity and simplicity. We're making history and the good news is that we've only just begun.
We are looking for a Senior Business Analyst who relishes diving deep in operational and financial data. A successful candidate knows and loves working with business intelligence tools, is comfortable accessing and working with data from multiple sources, and can partner with internal stakeholders to help drive the business. Successful candidates have significant experience analyzing data, identifying trends, extracting conclusions, and presenting findings in a simple and clear manner. We are looking for someone who not only finds patterns in the data but more importantly also understands how to turn those discoveries into value for our customers every day.
- Work closely with product and marketing managers to understand business issues and recommend approaches to ensure business questions are properly answered
- Deep dive into massive data sets to answer key business questions using SQL, SAS, Access, Excel and other data manipulation tools
- Use experimental design and statistics to assist in the design and measurement of various tests
- Manage large scale requests and projects to define requirements, manage timelines, and coordinate activities with other involved team members
- Report on key business metrics. Take a proactive approach to defining new metrics, reports, and dashboards
- Work cross functionally with the product team to recommend ways of automating existing manual processes
- A bachelor's degree, preferably in an analytical field - e.g. Economics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or Finance
- Proven experience in business analysis and research
- Proficiency in SQL
- Proficiency in Excel (pivot tables and charts) and Access databases
- Understanding of relational databases and familiarity with statistics
- MBA or Master's degree (or equivalent experience)
- Experience in operations and financial analysis
- Experience in data mining (SQL, ETL, data warehouse, etc.) and using databases in a business environment with large-scale, complex datasets
- Experience with data analysis in a variety of quantitative fields and experience building data analysis and decision support systems
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top