Amazon Books Device Lead - San Diego, CA
We are currently hiring a Devices Lead (and Loss Prevention Champion!) for our Amazon Books store in San Diego, CA
About Amazon Books:
Amazon Books is a physical retail store that offers a curated selection of books and an array of Amazon devices. We've applied twenty years of online bookselling experience to build a store that integrates the benefits of offline and online book shopping. Our knowledgeable team helps our customers discover great new titles and devices and works hard to deliver a personalized instore experience.
Our team loves books, is excited by technology, and should view every customer interaction as an opportunity to create an exceptional experience. As a member of the Amazon Books team, you will have the opportunity to work with a stellar group of people in our mission to be earth's most customer-centric company.
The Ideal Candidate:
You love both books and technology. You concern yourself not simply with helping to bring readers together with books that they will love, but also introducing our customers to the exciting Amazon device family. You'll be an important part of facilitating the discovery of new titles and great content through the medium of our larger Amazon ecosystem.
As one of the key leaders of the Amazon Books store, you are a steward of the Amazon culture and a true owner. You exemplify and live by the Amazon Leadership Principles and you inspire the team and your leaders to create a vibrant store based on customer obsession, trust, respect, continuous learning and fun, while delivering fantastic business results.
Device Lead Top Line Objectives:
- Own the execution of the store's Loss Prevention Program and act as the Loss Prevention Champion for the store.
- Audit and ensure consistency of execution in the devices area.
- Run the floor as Manager on Duty.
- Liaise with corporate partner teams on the Device and Loss Prevention organization.
- Develop deep knowledge of our devices and our Amazon ecosystem.
- Keep the entire team up to date on device knowledge and Amazon ecosystem developments.
- Ensure consistency in customer interactions. The customer experience around devices and discovery of Amazon services should be exceptional.
- Ensure the Device category team's vision is executed to standard.
- Serve as the subject matter expert and point of contact for our corporate Loss Prevention team.
Device Lead Responsibilities:
You and your team are in the unique position of being face-to-face with our customers and you understand the significance of this opportunity. You are flexible, think on your feet, and exercise great judgment in handling unusual requests or difficult customer interactions. You are an articulate and persuasive communicator. Customers are drawn to you because you are approachable, authentic, humble, kind, pleasant and confident. You don't assume anything about the customer's knowledge; rather, you ask great questions to better help the customer discover great titles and products.
You bring a clear point of view to the sales floor, can demonstrate how to use the devices in a simple and accessible way, and are able to make book and device recommendations that surprise and delight the customer.
You understand that your physical space is an integral part of a superior customer experience, and strive to make your store a clean, friendly, and consistently merchandised environment. You conduct monthly GEMBA walks, and present summaries of findings. You follow the device audit process to ensure that device merchandising is up to date. You assist with devices training for new team members. You ensure consistency in device knowledge across all team members. You own training/coaching of the latest updates to devices and ensure distribution of Amazon Device related news. You consistently observe associates on customer interactions and provide tips and guidance. You hold device office hours and assist with technical device questions that the team may have. You gather customer feedback on the accessories selection and pass it along to the device accessory selection team. You are the champion of loss prevention and primary point for the central Loss Prevention team. You ensure loss prevention strategy is executed at the store level.
You are a problem solver. You are analytical in your approach to discovering the root cause of a problem. You present problems in a clear manner to supporting teams through trouble tickets and other mechanisms and provide help in testing and evaluating fixes.
You understand that if the team doesn't work well together, we won't be successful in creating a space where customers are drawn to come and spend time. You fully live the Amazon Leadership Principles and are passionate about helping your team do the same.
You are comfortable working in a dynamic environment. You truly enjoy the part you play in creating great experiences for our customers and this motivates you to be on time and ready to go for each shift.
You assist in conducting team meetings and stand-ups and help clarify Associate questions. You identify issues and escalate them when appropriate in a timely manner. You think on your feet and identify efficient short-term fixes while looking into a longer-term solution.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in a retail or customer facing environment with at least 1 year of experience being a people manager and 1+ year experience working in a digital devices retail environment
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to be on your feet for a shift, up to eight hours at a time
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule in order to meet customer needs, including nights and weekends.
- Passion for reading and recommending great titles
- Strong understanding of Amazon Devices and the Amazon ecosystem
- Sense of Humor
- Technically savvy and keeps updated on the latest developments and trends in the digital products and services field
- Strong verbal communication and customer service skills
- Demonstrated success in problem solving and delivering results
- Passion for Amazon and commitment to delighting customers
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top