Amazon Air Program Manager Intern
This role is a 10 week internship starting in the summer of 2018.
Are you looking to become a leader in a global operation that has hundreds of leaders and thousands of employees? Would you like the challenge of delivering continuously improved customer experiences to millions and millions of customers? Could you assume financial responsibility that impacts both the bottom line and shareholder expectations for a growing Fortune 100 corporation? If you want to be involved in continuing to define the future of online retail, and are dynamic and an organized self-starter, join our team in Amazon Operations as an Amazon Air Program Manager Intern!
Amazon is looking for college students with high potential, who are ready to own their impact with the Amazon Air team. We promise you will have your leadership capacity stretched to its full potential. As a Program Manager Intern, the majority of your internship will be working with the Air Cargo department to identify, design, develop, and execute new processes, policies, goals and solutions that increase delivery efficiency, reduce errors, decrease costs, and improve the company's overall transportation program, specifically relating to air.
As an Amazon Air Program Manager Intern, you will have the opportunity to OWN YOUR IMPACT by working alongside the Amazon Air Cargo Management team to innovate, manage, and create new air and ground solutions. The ideal candidate will be given an opportunity to partner with third-party vendors and other Amazon business units across our North America Fulfillment network. You must be a self-starter who is passionate about providing high-quality results, working in a fast-paced environment, and innovating to create process and efficient solutions to problems. Also, you must have strong communication skills to assist in driving effective solutions to complex challenges. You will assist in enhancing, tracking, and reporting on metrics which are key performance indicators (KPIs) that properly correlate to the Air Cargo Management's objectives. You will be given an opportunity to effectively indicate areas of opportunity and risk that allow the team to prioritize, assess issues, and expedite performance improvements, so that the desired outcomes are achieved to plan and in a timely manner. Additionally, you will dive into Standard Work and Continuous Improvement through an intern project.
What is fulfillment you ask? Fulfillment is how we refer to completing or fulfilling a customer's Amazon.com order and the acts of picking, packing, shipping and delivering their order to meet or exceed their expectations!
- Working towards a bachelor's degree with a graduation date between December 2018-June 2019
- Willingness to work overtime both in peak season and as needed
- Willingness to relocate to Seattle, WA
- Authorized to work in the US without sponsorship
Program Quick Facts & Locations:
- The position will be located at Amazon Headquarters in Seattle, Washington
- Term: 10 weeks during the summer of 2018
- Benefits: Competitive Salary, Relocation and Housing Assistance
- Opportunity: An offer for full time employment may be given after the internship
- Partnering with internal business units, including Air Network Planning, Ground Operations, Air Operations, and Business Transformation in evaluating current and future processes and initiatives
- Communicate effectively with both external (Service Providers, Carriers, Vendors) and internal (Finance, Technology, Sort Centers, Fulfillment Centers) customers
- Assist on creating reports and process improvement initiatives to improve air and ground operations
- Communicate goals, roles, responsibilities and desired outcomes to cross-functional project teams to gain buy-in and delivery to project schedules
- Address barriers through problem solving, communication and active coordination with stakeholders
- Assist on managing and coordinating project assignments in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, accepting ownership, accountability of the process, and delivering on commitments
Currently working towards a bachelor's degree with a graduation date between December 2018 and June 2019
- Working towards a bachelor's degree in Aviation, Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Industrial Engineering, or a related field
- Proficient in Excel and Word.
- General knowledge of database (SQL, Microsoft Access)
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top