Amazon Advertising is the earth's most customer centric advertising program dedicated to driving measurable outcomes for brand advertisers, agencies, authors, and entrepreneurs. Our ad solutionsincluding sponsored, display, video, and custom adsleverage Amazon's innovations and insights to find, attract, and engage intended audiences throughout their daily journeys. We enable advertisers to reach Amazon customers on the Amazon owned and operated sites (including amazon.co.jp, Prime Video, Twitch) and audiences on other high quality sites, and help advertisers build brand awareness, launch new products, increase product sales, and grow their business.
The Senior Market Analyst will help build the strategy to grow Amazon Advertising through market research and benchmarking. The successful candidate will take insights and intelligence gained through these activities and transform them into actionable next steps. The role will start from the Advertising Customer and work backwards, act as the voice of the customer, and the industry expert to present actionable business recommendations. This position will influence stakeholders, and use data to make key strategic business decisions. Required are strong leadership and communication skills, creativity, strong attention to detail, and a proven ability to deliver results in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
• Document and present high quality research outputs with actionable insights to stakeholders and senior management.
• Ability to deliver actionable recommendations based on research and analytical findings
• Use data to reach and back up hypothesis, and perform data analysis to create insightful and actionable findings.
• Ability to think strategically, persuade stakeholders effectively.
• Continually monitor and create white paper documents of the competitive landscape.
• Communicate regularly to stakeholders on status, risks, and changes.
• Work closely with cross-functional teams to identify impactful and actionable research topics, and own the research process.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request for support, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/jp//.
• Proven experience as a business, finance, or market analyst
• Experience in diverse market research techniques
• Ability to set long term growth strategies and roadmap, making trade-offs against business priorities.
• Excellent analytical capability
• Robust quantitative and qualitative analytical skills, excellent attention to detail, good business acumen
• Ability to present complex information in a clear and concise manner
• Ability to write compelling complex business documents in English and to verbally communicate with senior executives
• Ability to collaborate with, and influence various stakeholders globally and deliver cross functional projects
• Fluency in Japanese and English
• MBA or other related Master's degree
• Experience in online advertising
• Advanced knowledge of Excel