Alexa Software Development Engineer II
- Nashville, TN
Interested in Machine Learning? How about Amazon Echo, Speech and Language Understanding, or Computer Vision? We're building the machine learning platform behind Amazon Echo and other Amazon products and services. We're working hard, having fun, making history; come join us!
As a member of the Amazon Alexa Digital Products Machine Learning Platform team, you will be responsible for leading the development and launch of core platform features. You will have significant influence on our overall strategy by helping define these features, drive the system architecture, and spearhead the best practices that enable a quality product.
The ideal candidate is clearly passionate about new opportunities and has a demonstrable track record of success in delivering new features and products. A commitment to team work, hustle, and strong communication skills (to both business and technical partners) are absolute requirements. Creating reliable, scalable, and high performance products requires exceptional technical expertise, a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science, and practical experience building large-scale distributed systems. This person has thrived and succeeded in delivering high quality technology products/services in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift fast.
• Responsible for the development and maintenance of key system features
• Will work with other team members to investigate design approaches, prototype new technology and evaluate technical feasibility.
• Will work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software against aggressive schedules.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent.
• 3+ years of industry experience.
• 3+ years of hands on experience with an Object Oriented programming language (Java, Python, C++ or C#).
• Experience building scalable infrastructure software or distributed systems for commercial online services, with a service based approach.
• Experience defining technical strategy to meet long-term business objectives.
• Experience with large-scale/enterprise system design.
• Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability.
• Development experience defining, developing and maintaining REST based interfaces.
• Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts.
Back to top