Alexa Skills Certification Operations Manager
- Tokyo, Japan
Do you enjoy working in an entrepreneurial environment, solving complex technical, operations and business problems by delivering innovative solutions? If so, then the Alexa, Catalog Operations Product and Systems (COPS) team is where you want to be. We manage the software and content catalog, and we're seeking an energetic, go-getter Operations Manager to help own the quality and efficiency of our software and contents certification process.
The right person for this role will have solid experience launching operations projects, managing deadlines and risks across multiple teams, and communicating effectively to stakeholders and team members.
Our environment is dynamic and requires someone who is flexible, energetic, a doer, biased for action, detail oriented, and comfortable tracking many threads across many teams.
As the Manager, Operations, you will:
• Define the strategy for processing, publishing, and maintaining and Alexa skills/content consumed by new Amazon customers
• Ensure the catalog is ready for any new devices (i.e. Echo) and country launches
• Hire and manage the team responsible for implementing the skill/content review guidelines and processes
• Create and optimize processes for adding new digital content quickly, while ensuring the content meets Amazon's high quality bar and follows Amazon's policies
• Manage the publishing cycle to minimize turnaround time and constantly improve ingestion processes
• Specify requirements for the technological systems and tools required to support the content operations business road map and goals
• Manage the content operations team to meet our selection expansion, quality, and service level goals
• Partner with other Amazon groups as necessary to implement the strategy and manage exception processes
• Above all, protect and enhance Alexa's apps and content developers' and consumers' experience. Hands-on experience with functional and non-functional testing, test planning, test design for manual and automated testing, implementing and maintaining high quality tests, and execution.
• Bachelor's degree required with 5+ years of overall work experience
• Business process operations experience
• People management experience
• Program Management, Product Management or Service Operations background
• Strong communication skills in both English and Japanese is a must
• Mobile and/or IoT (Internet of Things) industry experience a plus
• Strong process definition and optimization skills; proven ability to define effective, efficient, and massively scalable processes for digital products and services
• Strong organizational design and recruiting skills; proven ability to build large, high-performance teams
• Good people management skills; comfortable leading existing teams and grow as needed
• Excellent customer experience intuition; demonstrated success in delivering a world-class customer experience (ideally in the digital content industry)
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills; strong bias towards data-based decision making and comfort with pro-forma financial and operational analysis
• Excellent communication and persuasion skills; demonstrated success building buy-in for an innovative and bold vision
• Technical fluency; comfort understanding and discussing architectural concepts, schedule tradeoffs and new opportunities with technical team members
• Nimbleness and comfort with ambiguity; comfort responding quickly to rapidly evolving threats and opportunities
• Strong bias for action; ability to juggle multiple priorities and create a sense of urgency in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
• Street smart; willingness to roll up the sleeves and do whatever is necessary to meet team goals
• Proven ability to lead cross-functional teams through influence versus direct management
Back to top