Ad Platform Program Manager
Ad Platform Program Manager
Want to work in a start-up environment with the resources of Amazon behind you? The Enterprise Ad Platform team is building the next generation of products and services that will fuel the future growth of Amazon's ad solutions. We're building a full-service, full-stack display ad platform that combines Desktop, Mobile, Kindle, Video, Retail and Social Media into a single solution for external Media Agencies as well as internal marketing teams. We drive the overall direction, coordination, and support for all customers of our Ad Tech platform in areas such as campaign management, ad serving, creative design, analytics, pixel management, and billing. This is a chance to be in on a huge opportunity as we put an Amazon twist into online advertising. We believe that teamwork and delivering rock solid, customer focused solutions are top priority.
The Program Manager on the Enterprise Ad Platform is an expert across the full line of Amazon's Ad Technology. An ideal candidate has a background in display advertising and excellent program management skills. They have the ability to lead an operational team, pull and analyze data with ease, drive process improvements, standardize our processes and eliminate the root cause of defects within the current systems. This job will require exceptional communication and interpersonal skills while having the ability to work independently in a high pressure environment and exercise sound judgment where clear guidelines may not exist. The successful candidate will be proficient at solving complex technical challenges and possess a bias to get things done and deliver results.
- Proactively monitor ad platform systems to identify, address, and prevent potential issues
- Provide training and technical support to account management teams for our in-house ad serving and analytics systems
- Partner with the platform product and engineering teams to make recommendations on product enhancements and provide feedback/testing on any critical bugs, fixes or new features
- Systematically escalate problems or variance in the operating plan to the relevant owners and teams and follow through on the resolutions to ensure they are delivered
- Lead initiatives to identify and eliminate root causes of defects in order to drive efficiency in Amazon's Ad Platform operations
- Act as a data, platform, and optimization expert and resource for sales and account management teams
- Pull data and perform ad hoc reporting and analysis as needed
- Develop performance and health metrics to assist with driving business results
- Bachelor's Degree in technical, management, business administration, or related area
- Previous technical/software support experience
- Problem ticketing, incident management, and issue escalation experience
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Project management skills demonstrating effective project scope, schedule, and delivery
- An understanding of programming languages and logic including SQL, HTML, XML, or Perl
- Proficiency in Excel
- Willingness to travel up to 10% of time
- Demonstrated ability to manage operational metrics
- Entrepreneurial spirit and ability to 'think big' and 'out of the box' being comfortable with ambiguity
- Superior verbal and written communications skills
- Composed, poised and professional demeanor
- High attention to detail and proven ability to complete multiple activities simultaneously
- High energy for an ambiguous, "internet –speed" environment
- Absolute passion for ensuring a "Best-in-Class" experience with every customer
- Experience working on an analytics or business intelligence team.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top