Accounts Payable Manager
Shopbop | East Dane is seeking a Manager to oversee the Accounts Payable team. This position will primarily support the Controller to ensure optimal results. The right candidate will be responsible for establishing and sustaining scalable processes and also identifying and implementing process improvements where needed across Accounting. This position will report into the Controller. The Accounts Payable Manager must be familiar with Accounts Payable, the processes and software supporting them as well as develop a growing team.
Key responsibilities include the following:
- Manage and develop 6 team members for continuous growth and productivity.
- Lead, prioritize and direct the Accounts Payable team to ensure that key metrics such as on-time and accurate payment and SLAs are met and improved.
- Audit areas within Accounts Payable to ensure accuracy and completeness and recommend controls be put in place to mitigate risk.
- Be the AP business owner when implementing new AP solutions as well as provide recommendations for process and scalability improvements to the AP team and AP reporting process.
- Maintain strong and positive working relationships with key business areas to build a partnership for understanding challenges and opportunities.
- Assist in other miscellaneous Accounting processes, procedures and reporting as needed as well as administrative tasks that may be required from time to time.
- Ensure controllership within the Accounts Payable team.
This position is with Shopbop | East Dane, located in Madison, WI, which is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies.
- A 4-year bachelor's degree in accounting or related field
- 3+ years supervisory and related experience, with examples of developing employees
- A work ethic based on a strong desire to exceed expectations
- Strong internal customer focus and attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills, including written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
- Strong analytical skills and experience with Excel
- Accounting experience in the retail industry
- Understanding of retail invoices and vendor discounts
- Communicating with external vendors
- Great Plains experience would be a plus
About Shopbop | East Dane
Shopbop is the global online retail destination for style inspiration and discovery, offering women all over the world a comprehensive, hand-picked selection of ready-to-wear apparel and accessories from over 1,000 established and emerging designers. Shopbop debuts new arrivals, compelling editorial content and styling guidance daily. Launched in 2013, brother site East Dane, a division of BOP LLC, is the international online menswear resource featuring an unmatched selection from leading and up-and-coming labels as well as engaging editorials and a seamless shopping experience. Shopbop | East Dane provides world-class customer service, fast, free global shipping worldwide and free returns in the U.S. and Canada.
Shopbop | East Dane is at the intersection of e-commerce, fashion and technology. We promote a collaborative culture, as our teams cooperate across departments within Shopbop | East Dane and Amazon to continually innovate in an effort to better serve our global customer. You'll work with big thinkers on projects that leave a mark on our organization, as well as on the broader technology, retail and fashion teams. Shopbop | East Dane is at the cutting edge of e-commerce, and we are driven to be the daily destination inspiring fashion worldwide, merging a comprehensive brand list and strong editorial perspective with an easy-to-shop, sure-to-delight user experience.
Acquired in 2006, BOP LLC is a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., the world's largest online retailer. Offering an enhanced customer experience, Shopbop | East Dane is a globally recognized and trusted fashion retailer that sells only quality, authentic contemporary and designer merchandise.
Shopbop | East Dane is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top