- New York, NY
Amazon is a fast-paced, dynamic, high-tech company based in Seattle. Amazon's accounting team is searching for accounting professionals who consistently exceed expectations, who thrive in a challenging workplace, and who can actively contribute to our talented team.
Amazon China seeks an experienced Senior Accounting Analyst to drive and participate in certain accounting activities in the China accounting team. This position will be responsible for proper and accurate accounting across AWS and Retail business operations in the region. This team member is expected to actively and frequently engage with various stakeholders internally and externally across different geographies and time zones.
This position will also partner with the members of the global accounting organization to develop team-wide goals, process improvement initiatives, and assist in the identification of standards for global consistency. This role requires excellent communication and organization skills, including the ability to anticipate, identify and communicate risks to senior leadership across geographies and time zones.
• Manage proper accounting of business activities and support month-end financial closing
• Ensure proper reconciliation of accounts, resolve and close aging items on time
• Support statutory audits, tax audits & SOX compliance
• Work with local and global team to define the future process, document accounting requirement and participate in testing
• Raise accounting issues and coordinate with local and global team to drive consistency
• Drive continuous improvement and identify, design and implement scalable processes. Develop and implement best practice that can be used globally.
• Degree in Accounting, CPA, Chartered Accountant or similar qualifications
• 8+ years of combined experience in Big-4 public accounting and multi-national corporations
• Strong interpersonal and communications skills (including written English) and able to work effectively with APAC and Seattle teams
• Sound knowledge of China Accounting Standards and US GAAP
• Knowledge and understanding of internal controls and processes
• Identify process improvements & support new business launch/initiatives
• Experience working in a US based public company with sales over $5 billion
• Experience working in a fast paced environment similar to a high tech start-up
• Experience with handling China tax issues
• Experience in ERP systems like Oracle, SAP, HBS etc
• Excellent analytical skills
Back to top