Accountant - Global Financial Accounting & Controls
Amazon is a fast-paced, dynamic, high-tech company based in Seattle. Amazon's accounting team is searching for accounting professionals who consistently exceed expectations, who thrive in a challenging workplace, and who can actively contribute to our talented team. The global accounting organization supports our financial reporting, internal control, intercompany, and transfer pricing activities as well as supports new business launches globally for Amazon in the consumer products, digital initiatives, merchant, operations, logistics, payments, and cloud computing lines of business.
Additionally, we strongly encourage rotation within the Accounting department and the company as a whole; we aim to hire people who will raise the bar, not just in their first position, but over their career at Amazon. Given the size and growth of the Accounting department and rotation to other Amazon departments, we are always looking for strong candidates to fill new positions and backfill existing ones.
Amazon is seeking an Analyst to join the Intercompany Accounting team based at its Seattle headquarters to focus on supporting Amazon's U.S. and international intercompany transactions. The Intercompany Analyst candidate should have strong communication & organizational skills and be comfortable working in a dynamic team environment. Amazon's Intercompany group deals with all aspects of the company's global intercompany arrangements. This includes developing, executing and maintaining the company's intercompany transfer pricing models, assisting with statutory audits, supporting business and planning strategies, and M&A integration.
- Review, implementation, and maintenance of Amazon transfer pricing agreements and transfer pricing models
- Collaboration with transfer pricing tax team for new business initiatives
- Support intercompany settlement and treasury funding forecast
- Support transfer pricing statutory audit
- Maintenance and monitoring of transfer pricing automation system
- Collaboration with technical team to resolve system issues and improve system performance
- Degree in accounting or related field
- 3+ years of related experience in large companies
- Familiar with ERP system (e.g. Oracle) and Excel skills required
- CPA or equivalent
- Big 4 public accounting background
- Detail oriented and analytical mindset
- Comfortable with working in a fast-paced environment and handling multiple tasks
- Strong written and oral communication and organizational skills
- Has an aptitude for information technology
- Worked in a fast paced company similar to a high-tech start-up
- Has had exposure to operational accounting concepts of intercompany and transfer pricing
- Exposure to researching accounting issues and documenting support for conclusions reached
- Exposure to project management
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top