Amazon Business Marketplace Seller Recruitment
Amazon Business is seeking a dynamic and motivated Sr. Account Representative for our Marketplace sales team. The Account Representative will be responsible for recruiting and launching strategic accounts, as well as small- to medium-sized businesses, to sell their products on Amazon.com and our new B2B marketplace. This person will be the primary point of contact for those companies throughout the entire sales process. Amazon is making a strategic investment in B2B through the launch of Amazon Business. This is a great opportunity to get in on the ground floor and help shape the future!
The Account Representative will be expected to develop and manage a transactional and strategic sales pipeline with a high volume of accounts while executing sales strategies to secure deals that will exceed aggressive account acquisition and output goals. This individual will be responsible for identifying and building relationships with key influencers and decision-makers within the prospective accounts, along with internal stakeholders and cross-functional teams, to create and present compelling solutions that exceed customer expectations.
As growing organizations, Amazon Business and Amazon Seller Services are highly influential by coordinating across Amazon customers, category teams, and sellers. Amazon Business combines the selection, convenience and value customers have come to know and love from Amazon, with new features and unique benefits that address the needs of businesses.
- Identify, qualify, and engage with prospective sellers for the Amazon Business Marketplace while creating a clear value proposition of selling to business customers on Amazon, along with the features and functionality.
- Prospect and launch Sellers to achieve quarterly quota targets.
- Meet or exceed quarterly revenue targets and operational metrics.
- Manage numerous opportunities concurrently and strategically.
- Build strong communication channels at all levels of the Seller's organization, set proper expectations, provide clear status communications, and manage towards a growth plan.
- Analyze the business and conduct deep dive analysis; provide routine executive-level reporting on the Seller's current business and future opportunities. Publish recommendations and action plans based on data.
- Implement and track metrics for recording the success and quality of the sellers in your territory. Use these metrics to guide your work and uncover hidden areas of opportunity.
- Utilize CRM tools such as Salesforce.com to track all pertinent account information and sales progress as well as forecast and prioritize to achieve quarterly goals.
- Prepare and deliver business reviews regarding progress and state of health for the respective territory.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the e-commerce industry and competitive environment, including knowledge of competitive product offerings.
- Assist internal partners to drive change, remove roadblocks, and close business.
- Manage additional projects while maintaining current book of business, such as mentorship, competitive analysis, and sales analysis as needed.
- BA/BS degree required
- 3-5 years of successful SMB or enterprise-class business-to-business sales experience, preferably in the eCommerce, retail technology, SaaS, or software industries
- Sound business judgment, proven ability to influence others
- Strong analytical skills including Microsoft Excel
- Superior communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work with legal, product, and internal business owners to reach mutually beneficial agreements
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities
- Experience prospecting, qualifying, and cold-calling companies
- Demonstrated success in exceeding sales targets using a consultative, solutions-focused approach
- Always does what is right for the customer; relentlessly customer-focused
- MBA degree preferred
- Experience using Salesforce.com or other CRM tool
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to work closely with Sellers, product management teams, and internal customers to identify and meet their needs
- Creative, has initiative, and can constructively advocate on behalf of the customer
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top