Account Manager (Transparency by Amazon)
- Bengaluru, India
Transparency represents an incredible opportunity to raise retail industry standards around authenticity, product transparency, and supply chain tracking. Transparency is a strategic software-as-a-service launched by Amazon for the global consumer goods industry. We are focused on building a global service which allows consumer brands and consumers to trace the origin of items throughout the supply chain ensuring only authentic items enter the supply chain. The Transparency service is focused on preventing the receipt and sale of counterfeit goods both online and offline. Our customers include individual consumer brands who sell both on and off of Amazon, direct and through a network of direct and third-party sellers.
Role: The Transparency Account Manager is responsible for ensuring accounts (brands/manufacturers) experience successful on-boarding experience to the Transparency service. Transparency Account Managers work with brands during the operational implementation phase as an adviser and project manager ensuring a smooth on-boarding experience. Account Managers will also have to manage brands post onboarding process to ensure smooth operations of Transparency for brands, onboard additional products for the brands and manage any Transparency concerns brands have. Account Managers have a great deal of influence in streamlining the operational processes involved by documenting best practices, writing SOP's, on-boarding guides, and identifying new customer feature requests. The role includes a set of repeatable tasks as well as ambiguous tasks that require decision making and consulting with brands as they're on-boarding to our service and making key operational decisions. The main functions of the role are listed below, although the list is not exhaustive and may change from time to time.
1. Operational on-boarding of customers onto the Transparency service
2. Communication of new features or process changes
3. Working with other (non-Transparency) teams for new features, enhancements, improvements to Transparency process
4. First-level brand support (counterfeit escalations, billing questions, triage operational errors)
5. Contribution to the team Wiki and writing new SOPs (& updates) as needed
6. Gathering Brand Feedback to improve Transparency features or process
7. Manage and maintain brand relations, address brand feedback and concerns
As a strategic contributor to the Transparency team you will have the opportunity to dramatically accelerate adoption of Transparency by applying sound operational practices, inventing and simplifying job functions, and training your peers on best practices for efficiency.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Who we're looking for: A successful candidate for this role will have 1-3 years or more of sales, account management or customer support experience working in a fast paced and ambiguous environment. Startup experience would be excellent where you've worn many different hats and successfully navigated through complexity while never missing a beat with customers.
An extremely strong attention to detail and CUSTOMER OBSESSION is critical to the success of this role.
• College Degree Required
• 1-3 years of experience
• Experience working with brands or supply chain ecosystem
• Understanding of consumer packaging, counterfeit prevention
• Experience navigating complex processes/environment
• Startup experience preferred
Back to top