Account Manager - South African Public Sector, AWS
- Johannesburg, South Africa
Would you like to be part of a team focused on increasing adoption of Amazon Web Services by developing Public Sector accounts? Do you have the business savvy and the technical background necessary to help establish Amazon as a key technology platform provider?
As a Public Sector Account Manager you will have the exciting opportunity to help drive the growth and shape the future of an emerging technology and increase adoption and market segment presence of AWS in the South African Public Sector. The ideal candidate will possess both a sales / account management and technical background that enables them to drive an engagement at the executive level as well as with software developers and IT architects. You will be a self-starter who is prepared to develop and execute against a territory coverage plan and consistently deliver results.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Help to drive business growth and expansion in a defined territory.
• Suggest and execute against a territory plan.
• Manage numerous accounts concurrently & long-term.
• Articulate compelling value propositions around AWS services.
• Accelerate customer adoption.
• Work with partners to extend reach & drive adoption.
• Ensure customer satisfaction.
• Limited travel.
• Substantial technology related sales, business development, or sales engineering/consulting experience
• BA/BS degree or equivalent required.
• Strong verbal and written communications skills; fluent English
• Public Sector account management experience.
• A technical background in engineering, computer science, or MIS a plus.
• SaaS/Cloud experience.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
Amazon is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from South African citizens who are members of designated groups who may contribute to Employment Equity within the workplace and broader based Black Economic Empowerment and the further diversification of ideas. The relevant laws and principles associated with Employment Equity and Black Economic Empowerment will be considered when appointing potential candidates.
We are required by law to verify your ability to work lawfully in South Africa. Amazon requires that you submit a copy of either your identity document or your passport and any applicable work permit if you are a foreign national, along with an updated curriculum vitae.
Back to top