Account Manager, New Seller Recruitment
- Seattle, WA
Amazon is seeking a dynamic and motivated Account Manager in Singapore for New Seller Recruitment for Amazon Singapore. He/she will be responsible for leading recruitment and growth of third-party Sellers across key product categories on Amazon Singapore marketplace. This includes driving new Seller life cycle across lead generation and qualification, recruitment, account management and seller success/growth. The ideal candidate brings rich industry experience, strong strategic sales skills, relentless focus on the customers and a big vision to support business growth. He/she will be responsible for identifying and building relationships with key influencers and decision-makers within and outside of Amazon to identify growth opportunities and address frictions to help create compelling Amazon solutions that meet and exceed customer requirements.
Background on Amazon Seller Services: The Marketplace or "Selling on Amazon" business exists in 18 countries and exceeds 50% of total Amazon unit sales and growing. Each year, tens of thousands of businesses join the marketplace adding millions of new products. Amazon's vision is to offer the earth's largest product selection and lowest prices for our customers. One way we deliver on this vision is by marketing to local country Sellers to persuade them to launch their products onto the platform thereby maximizing the quantity of items that they list while ensuring the highest quality of product images and information.
Core responsibilities for this role include:
• Deliver business goals and strategy for assigned categories and territories.
• Identify, onboard and grow Sellers, especially potential sales opportunities with long sales cycles, large deal value or high complexity.
• Develop a thorough understanding of the e-commerce industry and competitive environment including knowledge of competitive product offerings and markets.
• Engage with prospective Sellers to understand their needs and gauge fit with the Amazon Services product set. Cultivate their interest to sell on Amazon.
• Use key business metrics to guide your work and increase Seller's productivity.
• Understand and utilize Salesforce CRM tools to track all pertinent account information and status of prospective Sellers as well as respond to business forecasts as communicated by the Global Selling business.
• Deep dive into business issues and opportunities impacting Seller experience and business performance; identify root causes and innovative solutions to address the issues.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
• Bachelor's degree in business, engineering or computer science or equivalent experience
• 7+ years of experience with a blend of Sales, marketing, business and product and/or program management roles
• MBA or relevant work experience
• Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
• Ability to interact at C-level with medium to large local and multinational companies
• 3-5 years of sales and account management experience in e-commerce or consumer goods industry.
• Superior analytical skills. Demonstrated ability to identify and solve ambiguous problems. In particular, identifying customer (buying and selling) needs and inventing new ways to meet those needs
• Demonstrated ability to operate both strategically and tactically in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
• High degree of organization and ability to manage multiple, competing priorities
• Excellent communication (verbal and written) and collaboration skills that will enable you to earn trust at all levels
Back to top