Account Manager, Global Financial Services (San Francisco)
- San Francisco, CA
AWS is seeking a world class sales professional to help manage the customer relationship with one of the largest customers in our Global Financial Services vertical, focused on growing business and defining the cloud computing industry in the world's largest, most strategic, multinational Fortune 100 Financial Services companies.
AWS, the world's leading cloud provider, offers cutting-edge cloud solutions that benefit companies of all sizes. We are growing our Global Financial Services sales team, which focuses on helping the world's largest multinational financial services businesses adopt the AWS cloud platform. If you are passionate about the cloud and have the skills, the Account Manager role provides the opportunity to sell business-transforming solutions to some of the world's largest, most impactful companies, which will shape the future of cloud computing.
The Account Manager is responsible for growing the AWS footprint within the Global Fin Serv Accounts segment. The ideal candidate will possess both a sales and technical background that enables them to successfully build and maintain relationships, advise customers on AWS cloud solutions, grow AWS usage across a defined set of customers, develop innovative programs, and expand platform adoption to new business units. The candidate also will have a good understanding of the capital markets industry. A successful candidate will work with external contacts (prospects, customers, partners) and collaborate with internal account teams (Global Account Managers, Solution Architect, SDMS, TAMs) to consistently meet and exceed sales quotas.
This is a strategic role for practiced account managers seeking key experience selling to large, multinational enterprise-level accounts. Our team is expanding rapidly, which means tremendous growth opportunities.
• Create/Manage a sales funnel of opportunities from start-to-finish and track in Salesforce.com
• Educate customers on AWS products/services & evangelize key wins within Fin Serv segment
• Collaborate with GAM, SA, SDM on Account Planning & Strategy, and execution of strategic targets
• Break into new lines of business groups within the defined Global Fin Serv Account
• Work in a team environment with multiple Global Account Managers, Solution Architects, and Technical Account Managers
• Work with partners to extend reach & drive adoption
• Manage response & delegation of inbound sales leads
• Evangelize customer success stories
• Track & measure customer engagement to improve sales messaging
• Create a high-level network for events and follow-up, working closely with Marketing resources
• Some Travel
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
• Fluent English speaker with extensive experience in technology related sales, business development or proven experience in account management in sales / marketing environment.
• Experience in a business-to-business (B2B) environment, high-tech products/services preferred
• Experience in Enterprise Selling, strategic execution in large multi-national accounts
• Executive conversations skills a must - CXO driven
• Superior oral and written communication skills with an innate attention to detail
• Proven track record of managing multiple projects while meeting tight deadlines and budgets
• Proven track record in the enterprise space with complex sales cycles
• Experience working in a fast-paced and highly cross-functional organization
• Proven success managing time and juggling multiple projects in a high growth environment
• Understanding of AWS offerings and/or cloud technology (SaaS, IaaS, PaaS)
• Experience selling to Financial Services
• Ability to create/refine sales programs for rapid scaling
• Proficiency with Salesforce.com CRM
• Very strong collaborative skills
• Knowledge of sales automation tools
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top