Account Manager, Global Financial Services
- Santa Monica, CA
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking talented individuals for the Global Financial Services Accounts team focused on growing business and defining the cloud computing industry in the world's largest, most strategic, multinational Fortune 100 Financial Services companies. AWS, the world's leading cloud provider, offers cutting-edge cloud solutions that benefit companies of all sizes. We are growing our Global Financial Services sales team, which focuses on helping the world's largest multinational financial services businesses adopt the AWS cloud platform. If you are passionate about the cloud and have the skills, the Account Manager role provides the opportunity to sell business-transforming solutions to some of the world's largest, most impactful companies, which will shape the future of cloud computing.
The Account Manager is responsible for growing the AWS footprint within the Global Financial Services Accounts segment. The ideal candidate will possess both a sales and technical background that enables them to successfully build and maintain relationships, advise customers on AWS cloud solutions, grow AWS usage across a defined set of customers, develop innovative programs, and expand platform adoption to new business units. A successful candidate will work with external contacts (prospects, customers, partners) and collaborate with internal account teams (Global Account Managers, Solution Architect, SDMS, TAMs) to consistently meet and exceed sales quotas. This is a strategic role for practiced account managers seeking key experience selling to large, multinational enterprise-level accounts.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
• Experience working with a large Global Financial Services organizations as lead Global Account and Relationship Manager
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication, analytical and presentation skills
• Demonstrated decision making, problem solving, and negotiating skills
• Experience in large complex deal negotiations with a successful track record
• Experience as the primary global account manager for a global federated enterprise working with multiple business units and influencing governance and policy
• Experience with cloud products and services relevant to Financial Services companiesand significant enterprise experience in large global accounts
• Ability to navigate across a matrix internal team and the customer in a trusted advisor/consultative approach
• Ability to establish credibility quickly with senior level executives across the organizations
• A strong understanding of AWS and/or technology as a service (Iaas,SaaS,PaaS) would be preferred but not required
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
For all jobs located within the city limits of Los Angeles, the job posting must also include the tagline listed below:
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction record.
Back to top