Account Manager - Department of Energy and NASA West
- Chennai, India
This candidate can reside in any of the Western States in the US.
Would you like to own driving AWS cloud computing adoption and solutions with NASA and the Department of Energy Labs? Would you like to be part of a team focused on leading enterprise customers to transform their IT strategy and capabilities to support their business goals? Do you have the business savvy, government sales experience and the technical background necessary to help further establish AWS as a leading cloud platform provider?
As an Account Manager within Amazon Web Services (AWS) you will have the exciting opportunity to help drive the growth and enablement with key enterprise customers to optimize the benefits of cloud. Your broad responsibilities will include developing and managing a growing customer base across NASA and the Department of Energy Labs. You will drive business and technical relationships and solutions effectively by helping to define, identify, and pursue key opportunities. This includes determining the most effective customer-focused strategies and collaborating with the Technical, Sales, Legal, Marketing, Product, Contracts and Executive leadership to execute the right solutions.
You will establish deep business and technical relationships through your knowledge of the customer's current state, future needs and internal dynamics. You will have day-to-day interactions with these agencies and our eco-system of partners (SI's and ISV's) that support these customers. The ideal candidate will possess a proven, consultative approach that enables effective leadership and engagement at the CXO level. You should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about the mission, business, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Drive the right customer solutions resulting in revenue and market share growth in a defined region
• Serve as a key member of the AWS Public Sector team in helping to drive adoption of the overall AWS market and technical strategy.
• Ability to effectively work in a highly collaborative and fast-paced environment and support positive customer and internal team dynamics.
• Strong communication and organization skills
• Maintain an accurate and robust pipeline and forecast of business opportunities.
• Set a strategic sales plan for your target markets in line with the AWS strategic direction.
• Understand the technical considerations and certifications specific to the public sector.
• Identify specific prospects/partners/channels to approach while communicating the specific value proposition for their business and use case.
• Develop and manage the sales pipeline by engaging with prospects, partners, and key customers.
• Work closely with the customer base to ensure AWS is successful for them.
• Understand the technical requirements of your customers and work closely with the internal development team to guide the direction of our product offerings for developers.
• Prepare and deliver business reviews to the senior management team regarding quarterly and yearly strategies to align with revenue growth expectations.
• Manage complex contract negotiations and liaison with the legal group.
• Accelerate customer adoption and customer satisfaction
• This position requires that the candidate selected be a U.S. citizen.
• 35-50% average travel required within the Western States/Region of the US required.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
• 10+ years of enterprise field sales experience
• 5+ years of sales experience selling enterprise software, hardware, networking infrastructure, managed hosting services or cloud computing services
• BA/BS degree required
• Direct sales experience to the Department of Energy, NASA or Federal Government customers
• Extensive customer network
• Strong verbal and written communications skills
• Meets Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top