Accessibility Specialist - Alexa Shopping
- Vancouver, Canada
Alexa is going to play a significant role in helping customers to capture their needs in the moment. The Alexa Shopping team is enabling this vision by bringing a new level of convenience that will change how people shop for everyday products, including grocery, consumables, and books. For example, customers can simply ask Alexa to buy items or put items in a shopping list and Alexa will find the best fit; Alexa can assist customers in-store and online in a convenient way with reminders and shopping helpers.
This is particularly relevant for customers with disabilities, aging customers and their caregivers. Our services allow customers to address their grocery and shopping needs no matter where they are or what they are doing.
The Alexa Shopping Accessibility team will champion, own, and drive experience for customers of all abilities so they can shop on Alexa independently and seek help from others in relevant moments. Our customers deserve the best product, and we will stand for our customers of all abilities.
We are seeking a talented and experienced Accessibility Specialist to research, define and evangelize our internal standards. You will participate in Design review and Product testing, to ensure the high quality bar of our product. You will work closely with other Alexa Shopping and other Amazon Accessibility teams to deliver new features that bring more independence to our customers with disabilities and aging customers in their every-day lives. You will drive improvements to our existing processes and tools in order to improve the team's speed, quality, and efficiency. You will partner with cross functional teams on development of features, prioritize company-wide efforts, and drive decision-making around accessibility.
As Accessibility Specialist in Alexa Shopping, your primary responsibilities will include:
• Research, define and evangelize accessibility requirements for Alexa shopping experiences on Echo Devices, mobile, tablet, and desktop applications.
• Develop accessibility tools and testing frameworks to improve operational excellence of design, product, and engineering teams.
• Participating in evaluations of new features designs and demo, drawing attention to accessibility issues.
• Build mechanisms to engage customers of all abilities in the product development cycle.
• Develop business and adoption metrics, and other relevant indicators for success.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience in Computer Science, UX Research, Information Systems Management, or other related fields.
• 3+ years of experience in accessibility as a leader, PM, or consultant
3+ years of experience working with assistive technology, such as screen readers, magnification software, switch control devices, text to speech, etc.
• 3+ years of experience advocating on behalf of customers with disabilities.
• Advanced knowledge of accessibility standards, such as WCAG, ARIA, Section 508, etc.
• Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills; the ability to understand and communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively.
• Ability to identify and help solve accessibility-specific technical issues and concerns.
• Experience launching new software features across a variety of surfaces and platforms.
• Familiarity with UX design and processes.
• Familiarity with VUI and Conversational AI products.
Back to top