3rd Party Carrier Manager, Prime Now Delivery Experience
- North Reading, MA
Amazon is looking to hire a passionate, dynamic, analytical, technically skilled, innovative, hands-on, and customer-centric Procurement / Supplier Manager.
This leader will be responsible for the sourcing, vetting, and negotiation of all Delivery Service Provider (DSP) contracts and management across multiple cities in their region related to Prime Now activities. They will be a highly valued team member and handle the infrastructure and performance for ultra-fast delivery operations in each region. The manager will have a talent for negotiating terms with third-party contractors, great organizational skills, and a motivation for building new start-up businesses within the company. A genuine desire to exceed customers' experiences while optimizing the overall cost-per-delivery model is also essential. Solid bias for action, strategic planning, procurement, quantitative analysis, and the ability to organize and deliver new initiatives across cross-functional operations, business, and contracting partners are prerequisites.
The candidate requires solid team leadership experience in the transportation/3rd party logistics industry or a similar ever-growing logistics/distribution environment as you will be:
• Working with 3P carriers and operational teams on a day-to-day basis to coordinate performance improvement and corrective actions.
• Forming and coordinating cross-functional project teams.
• Negotiating and organizing contracts and relationships with delivery service providers across numerous cities in the region.
• Innovating for step-change improvement in delivery safety, quality, and cost metrics.
• Researching and conducting market analysis to partner with local teams to optimize delivery demand and experience for Amazon customers in each local market.
• Coordinating global standardization of delivery practices, businesses processes, and reporting.
Knowledge of transportation industry or experience of handling 3rd party suppliers is key.
• Experience of contract negotiations is required.
• Candidates will be required to think and act both strategically and tactically.
• Solid oral and written communication skills.
• The ability to think clearly, analyze quantitatively, problem-solve, support scope of requirements and prioritize is required.
• Bachelor's degree (or equivalent).
• Freight Forwarding Certificate holder.
• English and French fluency.
• Advanced MS Office skills, especially Excel.
• Experience or certification in Lean / Six Sigma Manufacturing methodologies.
• Knowledge of other EU language desirable (German, Italian or Spanish are advantageous).
• Experience of new business development or management of DSPs.
• Experience of account management and the related service performance is beneficial.
• Sound business judgment, proven ability to influence others, and solid critical thinking skills are critical to success in this position.
Back to top