Amazon.com strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By giving customers more of what they want - low prices, vast selection, and convenience - Amazon.com continues to grow and evolve as a world-class e-commerce platform. Amazon's evolution from Web site to e-commerce partner to development platform is driven by the spirit of innovation that is part of the company's DNA. The world's brightest technology minds come to Amazon.com to research and develop technology that improves the lives of shoppers and sellers around the world.
About the Team
The Digital Imaging Services (DIS) team handles the post-production activity for Amazon product images to provide consistent imagery, remove distractions and enable customers with their buying decisions. DIS handles the Retouch, Color Authoring (CA), 3D, Video Editing and Quality Audit services for both Studio and Vendor images. DIS also manages customers and vendor's contacts support service for images related queries. A three-dimensional artist, or 3D artist, works in media production and creates elements for 3D images, games and movies. 3D artists are experts in everything about form, color, and light. You create 3D images, review and make changes according to feedback, and create models of different materials.
About the Role
We're looking for a proficient 3D Coordinator (Lead) who can work in a variety of areas such as 3D modeling, texturing, VFX, animations, rendering environments, compositing, and lighting to create exciting and innovative experiences in 3D for e-commerce. 3D Coordinator responsible for leading a team to meet the KPI Metrics, in addition to this training Jr./Sr. Artists in new production techniques and help them to upskill the knowledge. 3D Coordinator will be accomplished in working in production environments as well as having a strong knowledge of current tools and techniques, and be able to impact overall 3D production or support process. The ability to work within and across large, interdependent teams is a must, so the right person will have an implicit understanding of the balance needed between artistry, technical development, communication, and partnership.
• Provide front-line support for Production Artists to achieve team KPI Metric.
• Work with Internal & External Stakeholders to troubleshoot the technical challenges and innovate solutions.
• Working with artists and the larger team to understand areas of our current process that have the biggest opportunity for automation and efficiency.
• Thorough documentation of process updates, developments and updating as necessary.
• Ongoing research to recommend improvements to workflows in order to improve productivity or Quality of our 3D output.
• Minimum of 2 year of working experience as 3D Supervisor/Lead in the VFX or Gaming industry, with 7+ years of production experience on 3D domain
• Strong communication skills, particularly in conveying technical concepts in a manner that is easy for clients and non-technical partners to understand
• Ability to establish priorities, work independently or within a group, and work with minimal supervision
• Experience building solutions for 3D pipeline and establish workflow if necessary
• Leadership and problem solving abilities
• Excellent communication and documentation skills
• Broad knowledge/experience with Maya, 3ds Max, Blender, Substance Painter/Designer, Photoshop and ability to quickly learn new DCC software
• Experience working in a photo realistic production environment working across an array of clients including e-commerce.
• Be able to excel in a fast-paced collaborative production environment.
• Innovative and self-directed.
• Experience automating steps in creating a 3D model from as little as one 2D image.
• Experience/knowledge with product photography and lighting
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal.
• Ability to showcase artistic work in a portfolio.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.