2018 Amazon Future Engineer Summer Internship - Software Development Engineer
The Amazon Future Engineer (AFE) internship program offers hands-on software development experience to college freshmen and sophomores who are making an early commitment to computer science. For 9 weeks, our AFE interns will partner with experienced software development engineers, who both help and challenge them as they work on projects that matter to our customers. They will be immersed in the exciting and innovative culture and make lasting connections with other AFE interns and Amazon pioneers.
We are headquartered in Seattle, WA, but also have exciting opportunities at our offices across the US!
- Entering Sophomore or Junior year in college or university Fall 2018 (Undergraduate class of 2020 or 2021)
- Enrolled and taking courses at an accredited 4-year university or college
- Completed at least one CS (or related) course in college
- Intention to declare major in CS by end of Junior year
- Completed AP CS course in high school (or equivalent)
- Completed AP CS exam in high school (or equivalent)
- Preferred experience in object oriented programming language such as Java or C++
- Adept at handling ambiguous or undefined challenges through strong problem solving abilities
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top