2017 Finance Diversity Leadership Summit
The Amazon Diversity Leadership Summit is designed to expose participants in a two-day summit to increase your understanding of finance and accounting. During the summit, you'll have the opportunity to learn from Finance and Accounting Professionals, who will share their expertise and knowledge to accelerate your professional development. Participants should expect to be challenged, build skills and will have the opportunity to interview for either the following 2018 summer internship Program tracks:
- Accounting Summer Internship – Seattle, WA
- Business Support by Finance Summer Internship – Seattle, WA
- Operations-Finance Summer Internship – North America Fulfilment Centers
You'll develop an understanding of Amazon's leadership principles and culture, which you will experience first-hand in your interactions with our teammates. We strongly encouraged undergraduate students' from diverse racial and ethnic backgrounds that have been traditional underrepresented in the finance and accounting profession to apply.
The application process consists of completing an application form and writing sample, followed by a phone screen. While attending the Diversity Leadership Summit, students will participate in a group case study and an individual interview. Based on the participant's performance, interested participants would be invited to join the finance and accounting summer Internship programs.
Amazon is seeking candidates with a strong sense of ownership, excellent analytical skills, a desire to learn complex processes and systems. Amazon's Finance and Accounting team are searching for candidates who consistently exceed expectations, who thrive in a challenging workplace, and who can actively contribute to our talented team.
Summit Dates and Location:
- Seattle, WA: Thursday, November 9th to Friday, November 10th
- All travel, hotel accommodations, and meal expenses will be paid by Amazon
Timeline: Internship recruitment will occur during September through October. Please submit your application by Friday, October 20th
- Juniors who plan to graduate in the spring of 2019 or sophomores who plan to graduate in the spring of 2020.
- All majors are welcomed.
- Cannot be committed to another 2018 summer internship
- Strong academic record
- Strong interest in either Finance, Operations, and/or Accounting
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral skills
- Understanding of basic business, Operations, Finance, or accounting concepts
- Working knowledge of Excel
- Please note, visa sponsorship is not available for this program
- Solid organizational and project-management skills
- Strong desire to exceed expectations
- A practical and creative approach to problem solving
- Ability to summarize and communicate important data
- Commitment to self-development
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top