Alto is a modern pharmacy changing the way people manage and fill their prescriptions with a tech-driven, patient-centric, online pharmacy. Alto provides same-day, free delivery, seven days a week for prescriptions. More importantly, Alto offers cost transparency, personalized mobile support, and real-time coordination with doctors and insurance companies. Our mission is to fulfill medicine’s true purpose - to improve the quality of life for everyone who needs it.
We recently raised our Series C, surpassed 200 employees across four locations, and are on track to achieve $300M ARR by the end of 2019. Start-up tracker, CB Insights, recently listed Alto as one of the top 50 private companies around the world on a path to a $1 billion valuation. Alto is also featured in The New York Times (2/19) article “These 50 Start-Ups Maybe the Next “Unicorns’.“
As a Technical Recruiter at Alto, you will join the core Talent and People Team in hiring the best people for our growing startup. You will be an experienced talent advisor to leadership and build the foundation for scaling our Engineering, Product, Design and Analytics teams. Our mission at Alto is to fulfill medicine’s true purpose—to improve quality of life—for everyone who needs it. Alto uses technology and human empathy to advance a broken pharmacy industry into the modern era. We are building the best pharmacy for everybody, everywhere.
You will partner with Hiring Managers to craft the recruiting strategy behind attracting, assessing, and hiring top technical talent. You will grow diverse and inclusive teams and be extremely passionate about candidate experience. You thrive in a fast-paced environment and are unafraid to dive into an unknown project, but humble enough to make mistakes and iterate. You are excited to grow Alto to provide the best healthcare experience to all our patients!
Within your 1st month, you will shadow our Pharmacy Operations, Patient Care, Fulfillment, Engineering/Product and People Teams to understand Alto from every perspective. You will partner closely with other Alto Recruiters to learn the ins-and-outs of our recruiting process, shadow candidate interviews and debriefs, and champion Alto’s candidate journey. By your 2nd month, you will own the full cycle recruiting process of 1-2 reqs -- building out strategy and interview kits, sourcing, managing candidate expectations, and closing. By your 3rd month, you’ll make your first hire, contribute to best practices on Talent and People, and continue to grow Alto beyond 175 employees!
Tasks of Alto’s Technical Recruiter:
- Build a pipeline of top technical talent through creative sourcing efforts (passive sourcing and via platforms like A-List, HIRED, LinkedIn, and Stack Overflow).
- Partner with our engineering and product leaders to fully understand the business, set recruiting priorities, and develop hiring strategies. You are a Talent Thought Partner!
- Craft recruiting practices from the ground up on roles we’ve never recruited on. You will drive and manage the full-cycle recruiting process from sourcing to offer.
- Qualify candidates for technical and mission/team values fit.
- Be obsessive about exceptional candidate experience and timely follow up.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with other Recruiters and Hiring Teams to ensure candidates have a consistent, seamless and enjoyable experience.
- Keep our applicant tracking system up to date. We use Greenhouse!
- Assist with onboarding to ensure new hires are prepared and excited for their first day.
You are an ideal candidate if you:
- Have 3+ years of recruiting experience, with at least 1 year focused on technical roles in-house. Agency and startup experience are bonuses.
- Possess excellent relationship-building and communication skills.
- Take pride in a sense of urgency and ownership.
- Possess strong prioritization skills.
- Enjoy juggling multiple priorities.
- Are scrappy and resourceful.
- Are passionate about diversity and inclusion.
- Believe in Alto’s mission and embodies our company values
Want more insight into what motivates our Product Team (the team you'll directly scale!) to save patient lives? Learn about our key values here: https://www.keyvalues.com/alto
Alto Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.
Back to top