- San Francisco, CA
We’re building a new kind of pharmacy to cure one of our healthcare system’s most startling ills: over 50% of prescriptions are never picked up. Because staying on track with doctor’s orders requires more than just delivering pills, we’re managing everything from insurance logistics to pricing, late-night questions to supply chain, and anything else that could stand in the way of effective treatment. Our more than 800 employees are dedicated to fulfilling medicine’s true purpose: to improve the quality of life for everyone who needs it. We’ve filled over 1 million prescriptions to date. To aid our calling, we’ve raised $354 million in funding, and we’re on track to achieve $1 billion in annual recurring revenue (ARR) by 2021. Join us as we prove just how much a pharmacy can deliver.
About the Team
As Alto’s first Paralegal hire, you will provide legal, compliance, and corporate governance support to the business. Part of your mandate will be to help design document management systems and build capabilities, maintain all agreements in the document management system while helping to grow the compliance function. You will also advise the legal department managers of critical project developments in a timely manner.
Accelerate your Career as You:
- Perform substantive legal work that requires knowledge of legal concepts; identify moderately complex legal issues related to assigned matter; propose alternative solutions; and help prepare and draft common contracts (NDAs, MSAs, professional services agreement)
- Assemble, proof and edit drafts of contracts, leases, licenses and insurance policies
- Resolve routine and moderately complex legal matters in area of responsibility with minimal supervision
- Independently perform analysis of unique problems and propose solutions in a collaborative way with division attorneys
- Demonstrate an ability to absorb and master knowledge of Alto’s business and knowledge of the broader business impact
- Review invoices associated with payment for services, ensuring costs are reasonable and invoices are accurate
- Act as liaison between company attorneys, outside counsel, organizations, and in-house employees
- Compile data from legal digests, encyclopedias, and practice manuals, defining project objectives and manage projects as assigned
- Prepare and file legal documents with appropriate entities, as required
- Provide support for Board of Directors and stockholder meetings and activities
- Maintain templates in document management system and help prepare updates to templates
- Develop estimates for outside counsel fees for assigned legal matters with supervision from more experienced paralegals and/or attorneys
- Interact across all levels of management
A Bit About You:
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or relevant legal education (e.g. Paralegal certificate)
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and related software
- Experience reviewing and negotiating routine agreements
- Experience maintaining a contract database
- 15 years of relevant experience
- Compliance experience
- Corporate governance experience
Alto Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.
Back to top