Senior Financial Analyst
Alto is building the world's most patient-centric, tech enabled pharmacy, and we are seeking a strategic, operational minded analyst to be a key member of our quickly growing team. You will be one of our first team members on our new Finance team. This role is a unique opportunity to build a function from scratch and apply your analytical skills to inform and execute business strategy.
The ideal candidate will use a deep knowledge of our product and patient experience, and analytical skills to drive improvement for the business, patient, doctor, and clinic. You should have excellent analytical skills, a passion for continuous process improvement, a creative and problem-solving mindset, and the ability to clearly communicate and present key findings to leadership.
What You'll Do
- Develop and own core FP&A processes and systems, including annual planning and budgeting, variance analysis, and rolling forecasts - across all functions, geographies, and therapeutic areas
- Implement and continuously iterate on daily, weekly, and monthly metrics dashboards and KPIs
- Work cross-functionally across Sales, Marketing, Operations, Product, and Engineering to gather information, build analyses, sell ideas and execute on key projects
- Leverage data and insights to build a deep understanding of the value Alto provides to patients, doctors, and clinics, and ultimately leverage that knowledge to drive growth, retention, and and customer experience improvements within existing and new markets
- Develop a strategic analytical framework for market expansion across key criteria such as market sizing (overlap of geographic, demographic, and therapeutic area), geographic considerations, provider profiles, and competitive considerations
- Implement and iterate on the lifetime value and cost to acquire framework for patient segments, hospitals, and doctor
- Partner with Product and Engineering leaders to measure the effectiveness of existing and new product features as it relates to patient, doctor, and clinic acquisition and experience
- Develop a deep understanding of our operational KPIs, efficiency metrics, and unit economics including utilization rates, patient response SLAs, onboarding cost per prescription, inventory turns, and delivery cost per prescription
- Partner with Pharmacy, Procurement, and Patient care teams to measure the effectiveness of our purchasing and inventory management rules, processes, and controls including the impact of delivery experience from out of stock products
What You'll Need
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business/Economics, STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) Degrees or similar fields
- Minimum 2 years of experience using data to facilitate business decisions; high growth, technology, management consulting, business intelligence, or investment banking/private equity background
- Minimum 2 years of experience operating within world class FP&A processes including experience working with cloud based planning systems such as Host Analytics, Adaptive Planning, Cognos, etc.
- Intermediate skill with programming languages such as SQL, R and/or Python
- Ability to self-serve, investigate and get the data we require will make you much more effective in this role
- Experience presenting data visually and selling ideas to leadership
- Exceptional Excel / data management skills
- Comfortable with ambiguity; the ability to structure ideas into actionable plans
Alto Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Meet Some of Alto Pharmacy's Employees
CEO & Co-founder
Mattieu paves the path to perfect patient care by removing road blocks and empowering employees to succeed in their individual—as well as the company's collective—goals.
Back to top