As one of the first designers at Alto, you will join a team creating a completely new pharmacy experience from the ground up. We use advanced technology and human empathy to advance a broken pharmacy industry into the modern era, and to make high-quality healthcare accessible to all.
As an Alto Product Designer, you will have the opportunity to build across the breadth of our products -- from our patient mobile application to our provider web dashboard to internal tools for our home grown pharmacy management system called Wunderbar. Our mission at Alto is to fulfill medicine’s true purpose—to improve quality of life—for everyone who needs it.
You are a generalist who owns projects from end-to-end, enjoys problem-solving, and values the real-world impact your work makes on our patients. We always put the patient experience first, and you do too. You are scrappy and resourceful, unafraid to dive into an unknown project but humble enough to make mistakes and iterate. You collaborate well cross-functionally, with both technical and non-technical roles and have strong communication skills to convey your ideas.You thrive on speed and wearing many hats, and you enjoy working on different parts of design (B2C, C2C, Marketing).
Within your 1st month, you will ship small features to Alto’s products. You’ll familiarize yourself with our users, design process, and operations to learn how everything connects together. You’ll shadow our Pharmacy Operations, Patient Care, and Fulfillment Teams to understand Alto from every perspective, and you’ll even speak to real patients on a support call. By your 2nd month, you will contribute to the planning, scoping, and design of a larger project. By your 3rd month, you’ll possess the confidence and skillset to own and ship a large project or feature and never stop learning.
Example Projects of an Alto Product Designer:
- Fertility Project - The pharmacy is not a one-size fits all product. Alto elevates the experience of fertility patients by building specific features on our patient and provider dashboards to cater to their unique needs. Designers manage user research, simplify complex workflows, and collaborate across teams to ensure an intuitive experience for end-users.
- Patient Mobile App - Designing a patient mobile app from scratch for React Native (iOS and Android). This app enables patients to onboard, schedule deliveries, order refills, communicate with their pharmacist, and better understand their medications.
You are an ideal candidate if you:
- Love breaking down complex problems, critical thinking and making data-driven decisions
- Can demonstrate familiarity with prototyping, user research, Sketch & Adobe Creative Suite
- Enjoy executing on multiple/diverse projects and iterating intensely
- Have 4-6+ years of experience shipping products and collaborating with developers
- Have strong UX and visual design skills
- Are familiar with basic CSS/HTML
- Thrive in a dynamic fast-paced environment where you own products from start to finish, and make decisions quickly and independently
- Possess strong communication skills
- Believe in Alto’s mission and embodies our company values
Want more insight into what motivates us to save patient lives? Learn about our key values here: https://www.keyvalues.com/alto
Alto Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Meet Some of Alto Pharmacy's Employees
CEO & Co-founder
Mattieu paves the path to perfect patient care by removing road blocks and empowering employees to succeed in their individual—as well as the company's collective—goals.
Back to top