PRN Pharmacy Technician, SF
- San Francisco, CA
We’re building a new kind of pharmacy to cure one of our healthcare system’s most startling ills: over 50% of prescriptions are never picked up. Because staying on track with doctor’s orders requires more than just delivering pills, we’re managing everything from insurance logistics to pricing, late-night questions to supply chain, and anything else that could stand in the way of effective treatment. Our more than 700 employees are dedicated to fulfilling medicine’s true purpose: to improve the quality of life for everyone who needs it. We’ve filled over 1 million prescriptions to date. To aid our calling, we’ve raised $354 million in funding, and we’re on track to achieve $1 billion in annual recurring revenue (ARR) by 2021. Join us as we prove just how much a pharmacy can deliver.
About the team
Alto is seeking a licensed Part-Time Pharmacy Technician to provide an outstanding patient experience from on-boarding through delivery at our San Francisco pharmacy. We want an individual who is passionate about improving patient health outcomes by changing the traditional pharmacy model for the better, and making access to medications simple and seamless through quality service. We are looking for a team player who is analytical, detail-oriented, adept at prioritizing, reliable, and has exceptional communication skills.
Accelerate your Career as You:
- Perform quality control and prescription order consolidation in preparation for delivery; checking the complete details of the order, to ensure patients are receiving the correct medications
- Work with our fantastic team of in-house couriers and route them effectively to deliver to our patients on time
- Engage and communicate cross-functionally with other teams to improve our internal systems
- Pay close attention to detail as you fill, label, and package prescriptions to ensure the right package, gets to the right place, at the right time
- Accurately prepare and fill orders for patients in a timely manner and with precise detail
- Assist with inventory management duties such as placing orders with vendors and confirming receipt, removing outdated drugs, and ensuring medication availability by maintaining/stocking automated dispensing machines
- Apply your knowledge of the pharmacy industry in a company that’s revolutionizing the pharmacy experience
- You will have the opportunity to collaborate and cross train with different departments across the company to accommodate business needs
A Bit About You:
- A current CPhT pharmacy technician license
- On occasion will need to deliver prescriptions to patients within defined delivery zones
- Open availability during operating business hours, to include evenings and weekends (flexibility to business needs/hours)
- Thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Ability to multitask across multiple platforms
- Know how to prioritize in a constantly changing environment
- Communicates clearly and effectively
- Compliance with all BoP regulations and other federal/ state/ local agencies
- 6+ months of working in a pharmacy
- Retail or Long Term Care experience preferred
Additional Physical Job Requirements:
- Exposed to a normal office environment.
- Lift, carry, reach, and /or push/pull various items (bags, boxes, carts, etc.) while using proper technique up to 35 lbs.
- Standing and walking a majority of work days (8-10 hours), bending frequently, sitting occasionally depending on the needs of the pharmacy operation.
- Operate all equipment necessary to do the job.
- Read English, comprehend, and follow simple oral and written instructions.
- See details of objects that are less than a few feet away including differences between colors, shades, and brightness.
- Required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading. Assessing the accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of the work assigned.
- Use one or two hands and/ or fingers to grasp, move, or assemble objects.
- Repeat the same movements.
Alto Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.
Back to top