Pharmacy Technician, Specialty
Alto is a modern pharmacy changing the way people manage and fill their prescriptions with a tech-driven, patient-centric, online pharmacy. Alto provides same-day, free delivery, seven days a week for prescriptions. More importantly, Alto offers cost transparency, personalized mobile support, and real-time coordination with doctors and insurance companies. Our mission is to fulfill medicine’s true purpose - to improve the quality of life for everyone who needs it.
We recently raised our Series C, surpassed 200 employees across four locations, and are on track to achieve $1B ARR by the end of 2020. Start-up tracker, CB Insights, recently listed Alto as one of the top 50 private companies around the world on a path to a $1 billion valuation. Alto is also featured in The New York Times (2/19) article “These 50 Start-Ups May Be the Next 'Unicorns'".
Alto Pharmacy is seeking a Specialty Patient Care Technician to be a key member of our Specialty Pharmacy Program. Technicians on the Specialty team are responsible for supporting pharmacists in executing on disease-specific patient management programs and collaborating with providers and patients to ensure prescribed therapies are delivered in a timely manner at an affordable price.
Our team simplifies the pharmacy for our patients and goes beyond that to make it a delightful experience. We’ve built a culture focused on putting the patient first, and we want your help! This is an opportunity to make a real difference in the healthcare industry, in a space that is in dire need of change. We’re a small team, and we move very fast. You will need to be able to adapt quickly and work well in a fast paced environment.
What you would do:
- Work closely with members of the team to manage patient’s medications and overall health, including but not limited to:
- Onboarding patients and introducing them to our services
- Performing benefit investigation/verification
- Navigating insurance claims and assisting with prior authorization submission
- Advocating for financial assistance, when necessary
- Proactively reminding patients about upcoming refill due dates and coordinating deliveries with patients and/or their caregivers/providers
- Managing prescription renewal requests
- Work interactively with cross-functional teams to achieve company business and compliance goals/objectives.
- Stay abreast of evolving regulatory and industry standards that are relevant, and ensure that appropriate action is initiated and communicate these trends to applicable personnel.
- Currently licensed and in good standing by the California Board of Pharmacy
- 2+ years of working experience in a specialty pharmacy setting
- Strong positive attitude, good work ethic, and empathy for our patients
- Extremely organized, analytical, adept at prioritizing, and detail oriented
- Scrappiness and resourcefulness, and excited about working in a fast-paced, rapidly growing environment
- Enthusiastic about providing an outstanding patient experience, and excels at providing service to patients via phone, text, and email
- Interested in diving into everything that makes a pharmacy tick, from inventory to patient education
- Ability to build and scale efficient operations
- Understands how software can be used to improve business processes
- Positive and energetic, and uses opportunities to go above and beyond to wow patients.
- Excellent computer organizational skills including experience with MAC OS applications, Google Apps, and database applications
- Ability to act effectively as a member of a team to resolve problems.
- Excellent oral and written skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
Alto Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.
Back to top