Alto is a telehealth pharmacy focused on helping people live healthier by making the prescription experience easier, more supportive, and more affordable. We’re transforming a $500 billion industry by reinventing what a pharmacy can do, for both patients and providers—from hand-delivering medications for free to offering on-call help by text or chat. Over one million deliveries, over a thousand five-star Yelp reviews, and an NPS score of +86 later, we’re proud to say we’ve built a pharmacy that people truly love.
About the Team
The Patient Care experience is an essential part of our mission to build the pharmacy of the future. Our Pharmacy Technician team goes above and beyond for our patients by combining the friendliness of your neighborhood pharmacy with the speed of a fast-moving startup. We believe in changing the traditional pharmacy model for the better to provide a five-star experience.
As a Pharmacy Technician II, you will use your advanced knowledge working in a pharmacy to prepare and submit third-party insurance claims using our custom-built pharmacy management system. Additional responsibilities will include troubleshooting complex cases. You'll also deliver extraordinary customer service while handling patient escalations via phone, text, chat, and email.
Employment is conditional upon having an active Pharmacy Technician certification in good standing. Alto will cover the cost of your registration fee and renewals upon expiration.
Accelerate your career as you:
- Troubleshoot prescription issues by calling insurance companies, doctors offices, and patients
- Work closely with doctors offices to manage refill requests, prior authorizations, and coverage determinations
A bit about you:
- 2+ years experience working in a high volume pharmacy
- An active pharmacy technician (PTCB) license in good standing with the State of Texas, free of any disciplinary actions
- Exceptional knowledge of commercial and government insurance and how to troubleshoot claims
- Ability to learn and operate a new pharmacy management system and other relevant equipment
- Ability to interpret, transcribe, and troubleshoot prescription information
- Ability to perform common math calculations
- Experience with specialty claims adjudication
- Experience submitting and managing Prior Authorizations and TAR's
Additional Physical Job Requirements:
- Read English, comprehend, and follow simple oral and written instructions. The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading. Assessing the accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of the work assigned.
- Communicating with others to exchange information. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; those activities where detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction, and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and making fine discriminations in sound.
- Frequent repeating motions required to operate a computer that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
- Sedentary work: Sitting most of the time, exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Walking and standing are required only occasionally.
Salary Range: $18.50
Commission Eligible: No
Equity Eligible: Yes
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k), Group Life, AD&D, Employer paid STD/LTD, generous PTO and parental leave.
Want to learn more about Alto? Check out our blog here: https://blog.alto.com
Alto Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.