Alto is a modern pharmacy changing the way people manage and fill their prescriptions with a tech-driven, patient-centric, online pharmacy. Alto provides same-day, free delivery, seven days a week for prescriptions. More importantly, Alto offers cost transparency, personalized mobile support, and real-time coordination with doctors and insurance companies. Our mission is to fulfill medicine’s true purpose - to improve the quality of life for everyone who needs it.
We recently raised our Series C, surpassed 200 employees across four locations, and are on track to achieve $1B ARR by the end of 2020. Start-up tracker, CB Insights, recently listed Alto as one of the top 50 private companies around the world on a path to a $1 billion valuation. Alto is also featured in The New York Times (2/19) article “These 50 Start-Ups May be the Next “Unicorns’.“
As the Payroll Manager at Alto, you'll own the payroll process from start to finish. You have enough depth of experience within the payroll world to create new systems for a growing company, and the humility to implement them. You will ensure the configuration of ADP meets Alto’s needs as we scale and establish appropriate workflows to ensure all of our employees are paid efficiently, correctly, and on time. You are team-focused, goal-oriented, and will partner collaboratively with our Finance and People teams.
- Own the entire payroll and time & attendance process, using ADP Workforce Now/Time and Attendance
- Build Alto's payroll strategy and processes as we grow our employee base and scale in new markets in the US
- Partner with HR leadership to shape Alto's payroll and benefits systems and processes
- Manage efficient workflows for processing the bi-weekly (W2) and weekly (1099) cycles reporting and year-end processing
- Create standard audit reports and ensure configurations are set up appropriately, including benefits deductions
- Partner with employees and managers to ensure time cards are accurate and approved in a timely fashion, and train employees on how to use ADP
You are an ideal candidate if you:
- Have at least 5+ years of experience processing payroll for exempt, non-exempt, and independent contractors
- Have an in-depth understanding of ADP Workforce Now
- Are a strong communicator, with the ability to partner and influence across levels and functions, including senior leadership
- Love data validation and ensuring data integrity across systems
- Are a self-directed, strategic, and detail-oriented problem solver with demonstrated experience developing and improving processes
- Have a passion for Alto’s mission and values and are able to stay organized and prioritize in a start-up environment
It’s a plus if you:
- Have experience with multiple HRIS systems, including BambooHR
- Are experienced with managing vendors, with an interest in elevating how Alto leverages vendors to execute on People Ops projects
- Have strong project management skills
You’ll love this role if you:
- Enjoy playing a key role as part of a fast-paced and ever-changing, mission-driven start up
- Prefer a Payroll position where you own the Payroll roadmap and process end-to-end, collaborate with leadership on multiple teams, and build or revamp new processes as the company scales
- Want a passionate, humble, and exciting culture, and to be a part of Alto’s success
Alto Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.
Meet Some of Alto Pharmacy's Employees
Mattieu G.CEO & Co-founder
Mattieu paves the path to perfect patient care by removing road blocks and empowering employees to succeed in their individual—as well as the company's collective—goals.
Back to top