Manager / Sr Manager, Marketing Analytics
Alto is a modern pharmacy changing the way people manage and fill their prescriptions with a tech-driven, patient-centric, online pharmacy. Alto provides same-day, free delivery, seven days a week for prescriptions. More importantly, Alto offers cost transparency, personalized mobile support, and real-time coordination with doctors and insurance companies. Our mission is to fulfill medicine’s true purpose - to improve the quality of life for everyone who needs it.
We recently raised our Series C, surpassed 200 employees across four locations, and are on track to achieve $1B ARR by the end of 2020. Start-up tracker, CB Insights, recently listed Alto as one of the top 50 private companies around the world on a path to a $1 billion valuation. Alto is also featured in The New York Times (2/19) article “These 50 Start-Ups Maybe the Next “Unicorns’.“
Alto is looking for a growth and performance marketing leader to accelerate our growth trajectory as we rapidly drive Direct to Consumer acquisition and provider acquisition, and expand into new channels, geographies, new therapeutic areas and business partnerships. The ideal candidate will be energized by the idea of building a growth engine, optimizing what works and introducing new approaches to take Alto to the next level. This individual will be a core part of Alto’s marketing team and will shape development, optimization and strong performance of a growth engine for Alto. You will be responsible for driving digital acquisition strategies in support of customer and revenue growth in existing and new markets across a number of different therapeutic areas (dermatology, fertility, HIV, endocrinology, etc.). If you are a savvy digital marketer, with a deep understanding of marketing channel synergies and effectiveness, and bring forward creative solutions such as product and onboarding modifications designed to accelerate growth, and bring a passion for improving healthcare together with a deep understanding or empathy as to why patients would sign up for Alto, please apply!
We are looking for an exceptional thinker and doer to lead our marketing analytics and data capabilities. This is a new role and the selected candidate will get to shape this function for the first time at a very exciting time in Alto’s marketing and growth journey. As the Manager / Senior Manager, Growth Marketing Analytics at Alto, you will be the marketing team’s resident expert on everything related to data. You will use your analytical skills to guide both the B2C and B2B lines of business in making data-driven decisions, working closely with, marketing leadership, and other cross-functional partners.
In this role, you will need to be a big picture thinker, self-starter, and analytical thought partner with a keen attention to detail. You must thrive in a fast-paced environment, possess a high level of intellectual curiosity, and embrace ambiguity and change. You must be a solutions-oriented problem solver with a strong business acumen, and be able to communicate complex ideas using both qualitative and quantitative means to a broad spectrum of stakeholders.
Advance your career as you work on:
Marketing analytics, thought leadership and execution
- Own all aspects of marketing analytics including DTC and B2B Funnels and growth goals across Alto.com (mobile/desktop experience), digital media, lifecycle/email, product marketing, direct mail
- Monitor and measure alto.com and continue to lead development and sharing of insights
- Shape the analytics platform from the ground up, including setting KPIs and ensuring that we have the right tools, business rules and instrumentation to measure and optimize against these KPIs
- Partner with the growth /performance marketing manager to optimize website for full funnel optimization
- Establish funnel baselines, conceptually, visually and quantitatively on web and mobile and partner with product to optimize sign-up and onboarding flow.
- Partner closely with the PMM to identify and drive performance marketing opportunities to further scale the business and improve efficiencies.
- Be the internal champion of all things marketing analytics by creating broad visibility and enthusiasm for the strategic impact that the function can deliver
- Develop strategies and plans to drive both near-term performance as well as to build a foundation for healthy growth into the future
Measurement and data-driven decision making
- Define and track KPIs to measure brand health and consumer and provider acquisition
- Create/maintain scalable models and tools that enable the marketing team to operate more effectively (e.g. attribution modeling, churn prediction, member engagement scoring, etc)
- Partner with the CMO and finance team to forecast member growth and optimize the marketing budget
- Run hypothesis-driven surveys to understand member attitudes and preferences
- Provide guidance to the marketing team on designing, executing, and documenting experiments
- Develop and own an ongoing test and learn plan to move the organization forward through a culture of testing and optimization
Analytics, reporting, and attribution
- Monitor all stages of the acquisition funnel, from initial awareness creation to new patient sign up to first script to refills.
- Establish attribution system to understand the impact of spend as well as online & offline interaction in the funnel.
- Work in close partnership with growth / performance marketing lead to manage and report on a wide range of KPIs and to communicate those reports to key stakeholders across the organization
- Manage the day-to-day reporting of the core analytics associated with performance marketing
- Work cross-functionally across the marketing team and with leaders on growth team in product, engineering, design and analytics, to unlock new growth opportunities
We're looking for you to have:
- 4+ years experience in-house/agency working in marketing effectiveness and performance analytics
- A Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative discipline such as engineering, statistics, or mathematics
- Best-in-class expertise with a database programming language such as SQL, BI tools (e.g. Tableau, Looker), Optimization tools ( Optimizely), testing tools ( usertesting.com) and foundational analytics tools like Google Analytics
- Best in class expertise in analytics, especially with Search / Facebook / Instagram but also across all major performance marketing channels ( Direct Mail, Email, Lead Gen) and proficiency with GA, AdWords, Google Optimize, Social Media tools
- Empathetic and charismatic in telling a compelling story with numbers, and bringing cross-functional partners along on next steps
- Experience working for a world-class disruptive brand and for a brand with a complex go-market plan
- Experience with having a strong vision for growth and DTC, and the ability to shape the future of growth in a hot, mission-driven startup
- Experience thriving in a high-growth, fast-paced startup environment.
- Biased towards action and highly collaborative
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Experience in or a passion for healthcare a plus
- Passionate about health and curious to find new ways to improve performance and storytelling
- Capabilities to use compelling arguments to gain the support and commitment of others
- Highly organized and influential in driving outcomes while incorporating feedback and educating a growing company about performance marketing best practices
- Results-oriented, can dig into details while keeping an eye on what truly matters
- The ability to readily take action on challenges, without unnecessary planning. And identify and seize new opportunities; displaying a can-do attitude in good and bad times
Want to learn more about Alto? Check out our blog here: https://blog.alto.com
Alto Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.
Back to top