Build the future of pharmacy for patients, doctors, and pharmacists.
The Alto frontend teams build the interfaces that enable seamless management and fulfillment of medications for patients, doctors, and our operations team. You’ll work closely with product and design to translate complex business workflows into delightful product experiences that improve health outcomes for our patients.
You will work on:
- Wunderbar, our internal platform that operationalizes complex pharmacy workflows like prescription intake, billing, safety and quality checks, patient communications, delivery logistics, and fulfillment.
- Native and web applications that allow patients to schedule their prescriptions for delivery, request refills, and learn about their medications.
- AltoMD, our provider platform that helps doctors and nurses stay up to date on the status of prescribed medications, respond to requests for clarifications, and provide guidance on prior authorizations for insurance.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- A pragmatic approach to problem solving that’s biased towards business impact
- A desire to take ownership over your work and learn a complex domain
- A high bar for code quality and honors the ‘leave it better than you found it’ attitude
- An interest in collaborating with diverse stakeholders across our product, design, and operations teams
- Experience or interest in building high quality client applications using modern tools like ES6, React (and React Native), Redux, and Flow
- A passion for Alto’s mission and who embodies our values
Alto is a pharmacy that not only delivers your medications, but helps you navigate the minefield of pharmacy. Right now, 50% of patients don’t ever receive the medications they need. This contributes to 125,000 preventable deaths in the US every year and $200 billion in avoidable costs to the healthcare system. Our platform solves this by providing free same-day delivery, automatically finding patients the cheapest price by analyzing thousands of insurance plan benefits, and integrating directly with doctor’s offices to cut through paperwork.
Since 2015 we’ve delivered 650,000 medications to 70,000 patients. With just two metro areas in California, we’ve hit $180M/year in revenue and are on track to reach $1B ARR by the end of 2020. We started with the fertility therapeutic area and became the largest fertility pharmacy in the Bay Area by deeply understanding the needs of those patients and building a customized experience for them. We’re doing the same with HIV and Dermatology and have identified 27 more therapeutic areas where our platform is uniquely positioned to drive better health outcomes. On top of that, we’re going to amplify our growth by expanding across the country.
Alto Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.
Back to top