Alto is a modern pharmacy changing the way people manage and fill their prescriptions with a tech-driven, patient-centric, online pharmacy. Alto provides same-day, free delivery, seven days a week for prescriptions. More importantly, Alto offers cost transparency, personalized mobile support, and real-time coordination with doctors and insurance companies. Our mission is to fulfill medicine’s true purpose - to improve the quality of life for everyone who needs it.
We recently raised our Series C, surpassed 200 people across four locations, and are on track to achieve $300M ARR by the end of 2019. Start-up tracker, CB Insights, recently listed Alto as one of the top 50 private companies around the world on a path to a $1 billion valuation. Alto is also featured in The New York Times (2/19) article “These 50 Start-Ups Maybe the Next “Unicorns’.“
The ideal candidate has a natural curiosity over customers and data. They also have passion for continuous process improvement, product development, and the ability to clearly communicate complex analysis and recommendations.
- Develop and maintain market level financial models used to prioritize investments and financial planning
- Implement and continuously iterate on daily, weekly, and monthly metrics dashboards across sales, marketing, finance, and operations
- Work cross-functionally across Sales, Marketing, Operations, Product, and Engineering to gather information, build analyses, sell ideas and execute on key projects (unit profitability initiatives, self service optimization, driving new revenue sources, etc.)
- Leverage data and insights to build a deep understanding of the value Alto provides to patients, doctors, and clinics, and ultimately leverage that knowledge to drive growth, retention, and and customer experience improvements within existing and new markets
- Develop a strategic analytical framework for market expansion across key criteria such as market sizing (overlap of geographic, demographic, and therapeutic area), geographic considerations, provider profiles, and competitive considerations
- Leverage market data and systems to optimize the ROI of sales and marketing initiatives.
- Implement and iterate on the lifetime value and cost to acquire framework for patients and providers
- Develop an understanding of our operational KPIs, efficiency metrics, and unit economics including utilization rates, patient response SLAs, onboarding cost per prescription, inventory turns, and delivery cost per prescription
- Develop and implement a framework for optimizing margins through sku optimization (both purchasing and reimbursement optimization)
- Partner with Pharmacy, Procurement, and Patient care teams to measure the effectiveness of our purchasing and inventory management rules, processes, and controls including the impact of delivery experience from out of stock products
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business/Economics, STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) Degrees or similar fields
- 2 - 4 years of experience using data to facilitate business decisions; high growth, technology, management consulting, business intelligence, or investment banking/private equity background
- Exceptional Excel / data management skills
- Advanced SQL skills and experience with programming languages such as R and/or Python a strong plus
- Comfortable with ambiguity; the ability to structure ideas into actionable plans
Alto Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.
Back to top