Director / Sr Director, FP&A
We’re building a new kind of pharmacy to cure one of our healthcare system’s most startling ills: over 50% of prescriptions are never picked up. Because staying on track with doctor’s orders requires more than just delivering pills, we’re managing everything from insurance logistics to pricing, late-night questions to supply chain, and anything else that could stand in the way of effective treatment. Our more than 400 employees are dedicated to fulfilling medicine’s true purpose: to improve the quality of life for everyone who needs it. We’ve filled over 1 million prescriptions to date. To aid our calling, we’ve raised $354 million in funding, and we’re on track to achieve $1 billion in annual recurring revenue (ARR) by 2021. Join us as we prove just how much a pharmacy can deliver.
The FP&A and Strategic Finance, Director will directly support the Head of Finance to lead our quickly growing FP&A and Analytics teams. You will lead all budgeting, forecasting, and long-range planning for the Company and will help coordinate the overall company planning process and all associated reporting deliverables to the executive leadership team and the Board of Directors.
You will also have primary responsibility for leading all revenue and demand planning and for providing strategic analysis and delivering business insights to drive optimized decision-making, will provide financial leadership for business partnerships, and will have a key role in assessing business development opportunities. As we expand into new markets this role will build out a regional finance team responsible for FP&A and Analytics of each market and directly support the General Manager of each market.
- Leader in long term planning & strategy and constantly seeking to value-add to current process, information system, and business growth
- Lead the team to build complex financial models and analyses, including competitive analysis, gross margin analysis, pro forma models, scenario-based models with sensitivities, etc.
- Leverage financial insights and business acumen to drive effective cross collaboration and decision making, making recommendations on best practices to guide department leader behaviour
- Identification and maintenance of key metrics as the business evolves to help provide insights into performance including CAC, sales productivity, pipeline velocity, etc.
- Develop high profile communications and presentations targeted to Alto’s leadership team, including annual, quarterly and monthly reporting budget and churn numbers, BOD, MBR, and Finance Review
- Develop analytical frameworks, identify operational weakness and help define and pioneer new processes to support Alto’s growth in new markets and keep local teams as efficient as possible
- Invest in the team and yourself: be just as creative, adaptive, and eager to learn new technical skill sets as you are in teaching and developing others
- Partner with the Accounting Team to provide input on management reporting needs and better understand our actuals vs. plan and forecast to support the month-end close process
You are an ideal candidate if you:
- 10+ years of experience in a combination of FP&A, investment banking, equity research, strategy consulting, or strategic finance roles
- Experience supporting ecommerce, delivery models, B2B sales, and/or consumer retail - healthcare experience a plus, but not required
- Experience in a startup or other fast-changing environment and in consumer markets
- Strong people management experience, high EQ, and proven ability to deliver outstanding results through others in a timely manner using a strong sense of focus, organization, and meticulous attention to detail
- Experience building and managing a distributed team
- Have strong business judgment and analytical skills, and can use data to prioritize, drive strategic discussion, and ultimately deliver real outcomes. Ability to communicate and listen effectively with great written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Are extremely resourceful and entrepreneurial. Enjoy doing whatever it takes to break through unexpected barriers and obstacles, and balance detail-orientation with the ability to move fast.
- B.A/B.S, MBA is a plus.
- Have a passion for Alto’s mission and values!
You’ll love this role if you:
- Want to be a part of a fast-paced and ever changing start up
- Enjoy playing a key role at the company level and want to be part of Alto’s success.
- Want a passionate, humble, and exciting culture
Want to learn more about Alto? Check out our blog.
Alto Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.
Back to top