Strategic Communications Leader
Altarum Institute is a well-respected nonprofit organization whose mission is to significantly impact the quality and affordability of health care by implementing systems change driven by rigorous research and implemented through field activities. Altarum has several operating units, some for-profit subsidiaries, a newly acquired nonprofit division and several research centers. It has recently hired the Phire Group to lead a strategic branding effort, the result of which will be to establish the branding rules for the entire organization. As a result of these changes, Altarum is seeking a seasoned professional to lead and implement the organization’s new branding strategy through a comprehensive communications effort that will span all media and include public relations and public affairs.
As the Strategic Communications Leader, you will be responsible for:
- Managing and enforcing the brand strategy
- Refining and expanding the organization’s public identity during a time of change and growth
- Working with operating unit and division leaders to establish and execute a comprehensive internal and external communications plan
- Marketing and promoting existing or new products, initiatives, publications and other works of the organization
- Identifying intersections between the organization’s expertise and health care policy developments; implementing advocacy strategies that support the organization’s positions on health care policy and establish it as a leading authority
Required Skills and Experience:
- At least 5-7 years of experience working in a public relations or marketing communications role in an account management and/or supervisory role and with proven project management skills
- Solid brand management and integrated communications planning expertise with data-driven approaches for audience insights and decision making for content strategy, channels of dissemination, and planning execution
- Ability to collaborate across many internal groups to source needs and support for plan execution, good facilitation skills to bridge C-level and business unit leader demands
- Exceptional writing, editing, and time management skills
- Solid understanding of and experience promoting and advocating specific health care industry policy, including payment reform and transparency efforts, and issues of cost and quality of care
- Ability to translate technical health care ideas and terms into language for a wide array of audiences
- Expert knowledge and experience in social media, blog and e-mail communication management, as well as website content management
ABOUT ALTARUM: Altarum Institute is a nonprofit systems research and consulting organization serving government and private sector clients, since 1946. Headquartered in Ann Arbor, MI our focus is solely on improving health and health care. Combining the analytical rigor of a research institution with the business agility of a consulting firm, the Institute is uniquely positioned to deliver practical, systems-based solutions to its clients and funders. Altarum’s nonprofit status ensures that the public interest is always preeminent in our work. Our dedication to social responsibility is evident in all that we do, serving the public good with integrity and enabling others to do the same. Altarum's dynamic work environment emphasizes integrity, personal commitment, and teamwork. In addition to the meaningful and challenging work, Altarum offers an outstanding benefits program that includes paid time off, tuition reimbursement, 401k (5% employer contribution), a flexible work environment, and much more. We invite you to explore exciting and rewarding career opportunities with us.
Altarum Institute is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.
Meet Some of Altarum's Employees
Deputy Project Manager
Shaheen is focused on customer satisfaction, serving as a trusted partner and advisor to help clients meet their goals, increase efficiencies, and adapt in rapidly changing environments.
Back to top