Staff Consultant - Revenue Cycle Management
A Staff Consultant within Altarum Institute’s Business Advisory Services (BAS) group contributes to a diverse portfolio of healthcare system-related projects, working as an integral member of a multi-disciplinary project team comprised of individuals from across three core Service Areas: Business Analytics, Management Consulting, and Research Analytics. Typical project work might include: Program Management Office (PMO) support; quantitative performance analysis and business process improvement; healthcare revenue cycle management, budgetary planning and financial modeling, policy review and analysis, program evaluation and integrity; and education, training and outreach. Staff Consultants play an important role delivering technical program support to government agency clients and other related programs under the direction of a project leader, but are also able to work independently, representing the Institute and its clients across a range of venues such as client briefings, inter-agency working groups and key stakeholder meetings. Altarum is looking for accomplished, talented, highly ambitious and motivated individuals who can facilitate cooperative working relationships among client organizations and balance the interests of varied project stakeholders with differing missions. A desire to participate in the advancement of healthcare through the integration of objective research and client-focused consulting and to create unique technical solutions to complex problems is paramount. This position is located in our Washington, DC office.
Altarum Institute is a nonprofit systems research and consulting organization that has been servicing government and private sector clients since 1946. Combining the analytical rigor of a research institution with the business agility of a consulting firm, the Institute is uniquely positioned to deliver practical, systems-based health and healthcare solutions to its clients. Altarum’s nonprofit status ensures that the public interest is always preeminent in our work. Our dedication to social responsibility is evident in all that we do, serving the public good with integrity and enabling others to do the same.
- BS degree in and 1+yrs experience in revenue cycle management
- Experience with writing, developing, and delivering presentations, reports, study findings, and other project-related documents.
- Ability to work multiple assignments simultaneously for different managers while maintaining established standards of quality.
- Ability to show flexibility and adaptability within a work environment.
- Ability to quickly understand client business processes to help organize and execute project activities, and present project deliverables and findings to client stakeholders and Service Area leadership
- Familiarity with federal healthcare mandates (ACA, Medicare, Medicaid, etc.)
- Experience with healthcare-related policy and program development.
- Experience with commercial health information management best practices, including: health informatics, health information technology, or health information administration is highly preferable.
- Professional certification from the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) and/or American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC) is considered a plus.
- Knowledge of commercial, military and/or veteran healthcare system(s).
- Ability to manage multiple project schedules and deadlines and work effectively in a dynamically changing environment within tight timeframes.
Altarum's dynamic work environment emphasizes integrity, personal commitment, and teamwork. In addition to the meaningful and challenging work,
Altarum offers an outstanding benefits program that includes paid time off, tuition reimbursement, 401k (5% employer contribution), a flexible work
environment, and much more. We invite you to explore exciting and rewarding career opportunities with us.
Altarum Institute is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.
Back to top