Staff Consultant II
Altarum Institute is seeking a Staff Consultant II for our Business Advisory Services Group. The Staff Consultant II contributes to a diverse portfolio of projects including Program Management Office (PMO) support, quantitative business analysis, revenue cycle management, budget planning, financial modeling, performance measurement, policy implementation, compliance, process improvement, training and strategic communications. Altarum is looking for an accomplished, talented, highly ambitious and motivated individual with a strong work ethic and desire to make a difference to our Veteran population, in addition to other government and commercial entities.
The successful candidate will work out of our Washington, DC office and work closely with other consultants, analysts, and SME's on a daily basis. Upon
successfully demonstrating competency in areas such as analytical thinking, problem solving, project execution, and strategic thinking, the Staff Consultant II will be expected to make the transition to the Senior Consultant role at Altarum. A Senior Consultant continues to make important project contributions while also incorporating responsibilities such as leading others, client relations, business development, managing resources, and project and program management.
Altarum Institute is a nonprofit systems research and consulting organization that has been servicing government and private sector clients since 1946. Combining the analytical rigor of a research institution with the business agility of a consulting firm, the Institute is uniquely positioned to deliver practical, systems-based health and healthcare solutions to its clients. Altarum’s nonprofit status ensures that the public interest is always preeminent in our work. Our dedication to social responsibility is evident in all that we do, serving the public good with integrity and enabling others to do the same.
- Develop project plans and resources estimates, monitor and track project execution and ensure budgets and timelines are met.
- Quickly understand the client’s business process to help organize and execute project activities.
- Present project deliverables and findings to senior client stakeholders and practice area leadership.
- Responsible for the quality of all deliverables produced under assigned contracts and will supplement efforts of team members to ensure quality standards are exceeded.
- Routinely assess client needs, match them with Altarum capabilities, develop innovative solutions (including white papers) and articulately present these solutions to the client
- Conduct data analysis related to special projects that coincide with business objectives.
- BS degree in Finance, Business Administration, Healthcare Administration or related field and 3-5 yrs experience, preferably in a federal consulting environment; or MS/MPH/MBA grad with related internship/work experience.
- Ability to succeed in a dynamic environment and produce deliverables in tight timeframes and constant pressure.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to leverage functional knowledge to provide strategic direction to clients and direct project activities.
- Must be comfortable making frequent presentations to senior managers and senior client stakeholders.
- Microsoft Office proficiency (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Be located within or willing to relocate to the Washington, DC area.
- Must be able to receive a U.S. Security Clearance (sole U.S. citizenship required).
You'll get bonus points if you have experience in:
- Federal Healthcare
- Revenue Cycle
Altarum's dynamic work environment emphasizes integrity, personal commitment, and teamwork. In addition to the meaningful and challenging work, Altarum
offers an outstanding benefits program that includes paid time off, tuition reimbursement, 401k (5% employer contribution), a flexible work environment, and much more. We invite you to explore exciting and rewarding career opportunities with us.
Altarum Institute is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.
Meet Some of Altarum's Employees
Deputy Project Manager
Shaheen is focused on customer satisfaction, serving as a trusted partner and advisor to help clients meet their goals, increase efficiencies, and adapt in rapidly changing environments.
Back to top