Senior Consultant - Healthcare
A Senior Consultant within Altarum Institute's Business Advisory Services group in Washington, D.C. plays a critical role in developing and delivering comprehensive business solutions to our healthcare clients. A Senior Consultant leads large federal health tasks, develops relationships with new clients, strengthens current client rapport, and manages internal teams. The current portfolio of projects include Program Management Office (PMO) support, quantitative business analysis, revenue cycle management, budget planning, financial modeling, performance measurement, research analytics, process improvement, policy implementation, compliance, training and strategic communications.
A Senior Consultant spends a significant amount of time interacting with clients, project team members and overseeing the development of deliverables; and must be an accomplished, talented, collaborative, highly ambitious and motivated individual with a strong work ethic and desire to make a difference.
Upon successfully demonstrating competency in areas such as analytical thinking, problem solving, leading others, project execution, business development, and client relations, the Senior Consultant can make the transition to a Managing Consultant role at Altarum. A Managing Consultant continues to make important project contributions while also incorporating additional responsibilities such as implementing innovative strategies that diagnose critical client and market needs, and leading proposals in support of business development efforts to target new customers and/or offer new services.
• Develop and maintain productive relationships with client management. Manage expectations of service delivery and direct staff to accomplish deadlines and deliverables.
• Develop project plans and resources estimates, monitoring and tracking project execution to ensure budgets and timelines are met.
• Other key project management duties may include: planning levels of effort (LOE’s), developing project road maps, setting milestones, assigning tasks, identifying and documenting project objectives, and managing contracts successfully within identified scope.
• Present project deliverables and findings to senior client stakeholders and practice area leadership, as required.
• Help develop people, teams, and provide constructive on-the-job feedback/training.
• Contribute to an innovative and team-oriented work environment with individual accountability and ownership to the success of the practice.
• Commit to knowledge development, continue to educate and share knowledge with clients and team members.
• Build collaborative methods to develop and share internal reports with peers.
• Develop and maintain client relationships across multiple federal (and non-federal) agencies.
• Bachelor’s degree required in Finance, Business Administration, Healthcare Administration or related field; Master’s degree preferred (MBA,MHA, MPH).
• 5+ yrs of professional management consulting experience with experience independently leading groups and project work plans.
• Experience leading large projects, preferably in a consulting environment, developing work plans, coordinating resources to meet deadlines for deliverables, and tracking staff contributions.
• Ability to succeed in a dynamic environment and produce deliverables within tight timeframes, under pressure.
• Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills with experience and comfort presenting professional briefs and presentations to senior level management, clients, and stakeholders.
• Proficient with consulting and technical tools (MS Office Suite, analytics, etc.)
• Must be able to receive a U.S. Security Clearance (sole U.S. citizenship required).
Altarum Institute is a nonprofit systems research and consulting organization that has been servicing government and private sector clients since 1946. Combining the analytical rigor of a research institution with the business agility of a consulting firm, the Institute is uniquely positioned to deliver practical, systems-based health and healthcare solutions to its clients. Altarum’s nonprofit status ensures that the public interest is always preeminent in our work. Our dedication to social responsibility is evident in all that we do, serving the public good with integrity and enabling others to do the same.
Altarum's dynamic work environment emphasizes integrity, personal commitment, and teamwork. In addition to the meaningful and challenging work, Altarum offers an outstanding benefits program that includes paid time off, tuition reimbursement, 401k (5% employer contribution), a flexible work environment, and much more. We invite you to explore exciting and rewarding career opportunities with us.
Altarum Institute is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability..
Back to top